Notices

Bariatric Surgery patient

Old 05-28-2011, 10:03 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Bariatric Surgery patient

On Tuesday May 24th, 2011 I underwent Roux-En Y bypass surgery in Kansas City. I was on the table for several hours and am currently saddled with a J & P Drain in my abdomen. Currently I am at 333 with a goal of 195 (I know that is still a bit high in the weight world but it is a long way for me!) I am journaling, tracking each bit of food consumed via Fitday and working to be a better me. Looking for online support and friendship as I work to change my life. I am a highly educated man who currently feels trapped in a Old Man's overweight body. I am doing all I can to be upbeat but still manage to fall into the blues. I am scheduled to have the drain removed on Tuesday and think I will feel much better after that milestone is reached.

PLEASE say hello, I look forward to sharing and beating back the loneliness
Old 05-29-2011, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Welcome Warren to Fitday!

I saw your note to another newcomer on the forums. You should feel good about engaging and encouraging others. The sharing and effort on here will pay you back 10 fold.

As I mentioned in the other thread there is great support and kindness on these forums. I would recommend the The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread and the Weekly Motivational Threads.

It is great to hear that you are tracking your intake. That is a great place to start. Each bite, step and action is a conscious decision. By recording your decisions and actions you have a wealth of information and feedback without judgement.

Set your goals small and take it one day at a time. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to FitDay Warren. Depending on your height, 195 could be a very good weight. Either way, it's much better than 333.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Warren......we are neighbors! I am just north of KC. Good luck on your journey.....you can do it! Just remember, time is your friend. That was a big realization for me.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:47 PM
FitDay Member

I want to thank you for responding! I am working diligently to do the right things and very much appreciate the forum advice. I will check out that thread ASAP!
Old 05-30-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Warren!
I bet you'll be helping a lot of people out there if you continue to post about your journey!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

I went out with family today to have lunch. They ate at Arby's and I had water. I thought it would be more difficult than it was. After lunch, I got a haircut and headed to the house. Had a S/F jello and to my amazement, I am full! If I carefully manage this, I think I will win.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi there,

I had a Rouxen-Y gastric bypass in August, 2001. I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since I had that surgery. I can honestly say the surgery completely changed my life. I am back on a weightloss regimen now after having a baby in February.

I would be more than willing to share my experience with you and offer you support as you move along your WLS journey.

I wish you the very best. The journey can be difficult at times, but try to keep in mind the payoff at the end. It will be worth it.

Take care,
Callie