View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
jancamp09
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitdayabc View Post
Hi, your heading caught my eye. I'm hoping to do it this time too. I'm sort of close to you in age and weight (55 years, 200 lbs). I'm starting a weight loss program next week called Transitions. It's a 12 week program and I'm really hoping that I can stick with it. I'd like to be able to walk up and down the stairs without getting too winded! Wish me luck. I have moderate knee pain and I have found that a recumbent (sp?) bike works very well for me. Best of luck to you.
For the knee pain, try taking a supplement of Vitamin D. It is fairly inexpensive and take a couple of days and really seams to help me (in the same age bracket - 53 - and I am back here again as I know FitDay works. Just keeping track of what you eat and seriously looking at the food breakdown is very helpful and sometimes very surprising. I was out with my Mom the other day and we stopped for lunch at a national donut shop (where she wanted to go) Ordered their soup special got home and looked up the nutritional value and was surprised to learn they had it down as 500 calories. Yes sometimes we do screw up but you can bet I won't make that mistake again
By the way - for my suggestion google Mayo Clinic. That was my source regarding the Vitamin D.
jancamp09 is offline   Reply With Quote