Notices

Two Weeks and Zero Weight Loss

Old 05-15-2011, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Two Weeks and Zero Weight Loss

Hello All,

I am a little confused.....I have been monitoring my carb/cal intake for two weeks making significant reductions in both and exercising 5 days a week with about 2.5 miles of brisk walking and 3-4 days going to the driving range to hit some golf balls.

My stats so to speak

BMI - 37
AGE- 44
HGT - 6'4"
WGHT - 304.4 - 304.6
Avg. Weekly Cal -1376
Avg. Carb - 152.7

As I understand it I am burning more cals than I am taking in, which I thought was supposed to aid in some weight loss, also I am eating way fewer carbs than before - not that I was counting.......

A side not: I was about 20 pounds heavier prior to starting this process as I had been in the hospital with Pneumonia. So that might be a good thing......

My wife says she notices a difference and I suppose it is possible that I am just redistributing my weight around.... I know I have more energy....perhaps to her chagrin. I burn this off as noted above by walking and golfing...I will soon add a sat or sun of actual 18 holes to this (walking where permitted)

Additionally, I did measure my arms legs, waist etc....will repeat to see if there is where some difference might be....not too optimistic though.

Any suggestions?
Any further information needed?

Appreciate your time.....
Old 05-15-2011, 02:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

First off, welcome to FitDay and the forums! Sorry I missed your post in the food thread.

Anyway, I think you hit the nail on the head with your thoughts about the hospital stay. The usual fluid weight loss one would get when starting a new lifestyle (I don't like "diet") has already taken place for you.

I know I'll have a week or two with no loss, then sometimes a big one (and sometimes a small one) it seems to have no discernable pattern.

My advice is simply to do what you're doing--accurately track your portions and keep up your exercise. Oh, and how much water are you drinking? Within reason, the more the better.

I guarantee that if you keep up the big calorie deficit you WILL start to see some nice losses. Keep us posted!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-15-2011, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the reply mecompco,

I will definitely keep this up...not much choice ....high blood sugars require it....136....as to water, I keep well lubricated at least 6 glasses 8 oz. a day.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by weeges
Thanks for the reply mecompco,

I will definitely keep this up...not much choice ....high blood sugars require it....136....as to water, I keep well lubricated at least 6 glasses 8 oz. a day.
I would suggest at least doubling that, if not tripling it. 128 oz. isn't really too much. Yes, you will spend some time in the men's room but if you can deal with it you may find it helps speed up your weight loss.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-27-2011, 04:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

mecompco,

what was you weight loss strategy?
Old 05-31-2011, 07:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by biggerboi
mecompco,

what was you weight loss strategy?
Sorry for the late reply, I've been off-line for a few days. My strategy is pretty simple--eat a moderate amount of good food (around 1500 to 1600) keeping approx. a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix, drink a bunch of water, do some sort of moderate exercise every day and log everthing in FitDAy. That's it, in a nutshell. I won't guarantee it is the fastest way to lose weight, but it's pretty painless and the results speak for themselves.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-01-2011, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

I dont think your getting enough cardio, a brisk walk may not be enough. Are you doing that on the treadmill or just going out on your own?

Also eating only 1300 calories probably isn't enough, I'd suggest aiming for around 2000 calories a day.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by optiquest
I dont think your getting enough cardio, a brisk walk may not be enough. Are you doing that on the treadmill or just going out on your own?

Also eating only 1300 calories probably isn't enough, I'd suggest aiming for around 2000 calories a day.
I agree, cardio not only helps to burn a few of those pesky calories but it also helps to increase that great metabolisim of yours to help burn more calories throughout the day. Also 1300 calories is terrible for your size, did you put yourself on that restriciton or did a doctor? If you did I agree with OPTI that you should be eating around 2k cal a day. I space mine out 5 times a day, so i eat about every three hours and I only eat when i begin to feel a lil hungry (which now winds up being every 3 hours). one way to help me feel satisfied when done eating is eating protien with every meal!!! I can tell you I wont lose a magic 100 pounds in 5 months but the weight I do lose I can live with the lifestyle I have now and keep it off. Thats the most important thing is changing your lifestyle to lose weight not crash diets. I monitor all food into my body with the ocassional flub day (which everyone needs so they dont feel like they are devoiding themselves of the little things in life) and in the past three weeks with exercise and eating right (although one week I wasnt really able to eat too well cause I had to take care of my wife in the hospital) but I still lost an average of 1 1/2 inches across my body and increased my bicep by almost an inch! I also try to drink atleast a gallon of water a day, if not more. I hope this helps!!!! please let me know if you need anything!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default no wt loss

Since you are doing the right things it will happen. At least you are not increasing! Watch your sodium in your food and check for fluid retention.
enjoy your golf!
foggra
Old 08-11-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default I recently walked over 5o miles in a 10 day period

Plus, I watched what I ate, but not to the degree that I am now.

I didn't even lose a half of a pound!!

But don't let that fool you.

Anthony Rhobbins alwasys said the "Gods delays are not Gods denials" which is kind of fitting.

I would eat less fat too, you are at 30 percent and should bring that down to 20 per cent.

keep doing what you are doing, it is working.

You are getting healthier and training your body for the future, and it isn't a race.

Good better best, don't ever let it rest, until the good is better, and the better is BEST!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.