Notices

Motivation needed...

Old 05-26-2011, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivation needed...

Hi everyone,
My friend and I were sitting together at the weekend, discussing how uncomfortable we felt with our bodies, how tight our clothes were and what had happened to our new year's resolutions to lose weight.
Monday night I emailed her, to see if we could help each other out, I need motivation. The response I got took me by surprise - "I don't have time to help motivate someone else"
So here I am, on my own.
Help!
I do have a supportive husband, who will encourage me, but travels a lot.
Missizz
Old 05-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Missizz,

Welcome! Motivation can often be the toughest hurdle to overcome, and having other people who know what you're going through helps a lot!

If you'd like, in the "Women's Only" section we post a weekly 7-Day-Motivational Thread where a bunch of us come together, post weekly goals and cheer each other on (or help pick each other up when we momentarily fall off the wagon!). You're welcome to join in - though be warned, we do have a male in our midst (though Mike is almost one of the girls at this point )
Old 05-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

I know it sounds like your friend 'flaked' on you. However, it IS really hard to motivate someone else. If you have a competition going on, then that's a whole other thing, but simple motivation is hard to enforce with another person. Doing it for oneself is hard enough! One a diet 'takes off,' then it's easy to bring another person in, but at the beginning, I can see wanting to tackle it alone.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Kathy,
I can see your point now, I don't think I would know where to start if someone came to me and asked me to motivate them! I am in the frame of mind to do it right now, so I'm going to make my best effort, then maybe I can get her along with me!
Really looking forward to a successful summer.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

So after a couple of weeks (including Memorial weekend) I have managed to drop a couple of pounds - yay!
Now my husband is traveling, I thought this was going to be easier with him not here cooking me lovely meals. I think it is actually harder, I feel as though I haven't eaten and run to the pantry for a snack -ugh! Hasn't helped that some generous person gave me a cold!
My friend, the one that 'flaked' on me, has decided she will start dieting when the school year ends, apparently she does better by betting how much she will lose!
So, although my husband doesn't want a Kate Moss, I am feeling some jubilation, and will begin another day working at those excess pounds.
Love the support and stories shared on this site.