Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11

Old 05-23-2011, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11 and ending 5/29/11

Good morning, everyone. Wishing everyone a successful and productive week.

Last edited by Mern; 05-30-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Main80, I either read on the Internet or saw on TV last week that if we can't find time to exercise 30 minutes, it's OK to do three 10 minute intervals. I'd rather get it over with in one stretch, but 10 minute intervals are better than no exercise at all.

This week's goals:

Calories 1600
Calorie deficit 800 per day
Carbs less fiber 25g
Track grams of protein

Artificial sweetener limit 1 packet per day
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day

Water 64 oz.
Exercise 30 minutes, 5 days--no lame excuses

Last edited by Mern; 05-23-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks, Mern, for getting us going this week. I did poorly over the weekend; I was very busy and productive, but my eating suffered and I rebounded into a really bad state of affairs. I'm going back into recovery mode and putting out some strict and specific goals for this week.

1. Calorie limit of 1300/day, one day exception.
2. Drink 64 oz. water daily.
3. Exercise 7 times.
4. Sleep 7 hours a night.
5. Journal situation and mood and related thoughts while eating.

6. Get teacher cards and gifts sent out.
7. Choose end of year gift for the boy.
8. Second coat doors in office.
9. Family room trim done by end of weekend.
10. Smile more, bitch less .

Hope you all are doing well and off to a good start this week .
Old 05-23-2011, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

As I've previously posted, I'm ashamed to say that I have a 5 lb. weight gain from a month ago. So, maintenance is out and weight loss mode is back. Did very well on my exercise goals this weekend; a 4 mile hike Saturday and two 2 mile hikes Sunday. (Had to get them in between thunderstorms.) It's going to be tough to be disciplined as my husband has the week off and we've been a bad influence on each other, food wise, lately.

Back To Discipline:
Food and Fitness

1200 calories/day
Walk each day hubby is home this week (minimum 3 miles/day)
LOG EVERYTHING!
Take multivitamin, flax and vitamin E daily

Personal Baggage:

Don't let daughter push my buttons as she stresses during finals week
Don't let hubby talk me into multiple restaurant visits while he's home

Last edited by quinnesec; 05-23-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone,

Coming in with a lot of shame this morning. I think I might need a little confessional and to get some things off of my chest.

This weekend I was nothing less than a slug. I kept up my healthy eating (by now it's a habit to have low-calorie and pretty well-proportioned days) but I was either on the couch or the computer the whole time. No gym, and I didn't even come here to report. And I felt terrible. I also had this weird anxiety that I couldn't place, so I thought long and hard about it last night. I realized this same thing happened when I was approaching 200 lbs., my first big milestone to get below, and now I'm approaching 180 (weighed in at 180.8 this morning), which is my obese-to-overweight milestone. And the weird thing is, I'm SCARED of that milestone (just like the 200 milestone, though this one is more intense).

At first I was happy to be approaching it, but now for some reason it looms as much as it tempts. I think the thing boils down to the fact that... I have not been a non-obese person in quite a long time - since high school or freshman year of college - and I think I'm scared of getting there. It's a really strange feeling, and I'm running into self-sabotage. I think I'm scared of losing the weight and still not feeling good about myself. And I know that the self-confidence I'm searching for has to do with MORE than losing weight - it has to do with job performance, relationships, etc. - but it's like losing the weight gives me one less thing to hide behind when I get that urge to disappear!

It's a strange realization to come to. My mind tells me that being healthy will make everything easier, but my stomach is twisted in knots. I think all I can do is accept it eventually, talk about it, and not let it beat me. I'm not sick this week now, and I can either be afraid or DO something about it. So I'm trying to write this down in the hopes that it will help some of it purge (it's not easy, this post has taken me like half an hour lol) and to continue accountability, because I think sometimes it's the only thing keeping me going.

So I do have goals this week. I think the most important ones will be the exercise goals, because they are ACTIVE goals (eating feels more passive to me, though I know it takes effort) and it will mean more to me to be active in keeping myself going even through all this unexpected trepidation.

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit through a combination of eating and exercise
2) Do not skip exercise two days in a row
3) At least 120 oz. of water daily
4) Weekly carb average of 50% or less
5) Weekly protein average of 30% or more
6) Do not eat out more than twice for lunch and twice for dinner

Other Life Stuff
1) Research Memorial Day deals - buying our first washer/dryer this Memorial Day weekend!!
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day
3) Journal or talk about my anxiety. Don't self-sabotage.
4) Read articles every day. Come up with summer research plan.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) eat clean for 6 days
2) average 20% or less in carbs for the week (Will report at the end of the week. Cheat day can't be too bad to do this!)
3) drink a gallon of water a day
4) take daily:
vitamin
fish oil
glucosamine
5) 2000 cals deficient for the week
6) floss 7x
7) Lifting workouts 3x
8) cardio 3x
9) log food every day
Old 05-23-2011, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Terri,
Good luck pushing through it. I can't say that I understand the mindset that you are in, but hope that you get through it without issues. Many times personal issues such as relationships and job performance ARE related to our weight, health and well being, so don't think of it as one less thing to hide behind!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, you and I are singing the same song this week. Good luck getting through finals. I know things get touchy! Mine has his last two today, which should provide a dramatic decrease in the stress level in the house! I have one restaurant on the docket; we're going out to celebrate the successful end of middle school and I think the choice is one of those Brazilian steakhouse places. However, it's not till the weekend, so I have several days to get back into recovery mode. Eating well can be very hard or very easy when my husband works out of town, so hopefully it will be the latter this week.

Terri, I think you earned a weekend of being a slug! Maybe your body was telling you it needed to recover, still, and maybe also that it needed to devote some energy to the mental gymnastics you're going through. I think you're doing exactly the right thing by writing it down. I find I do better when I type things into the journal on this site; you would think I would do it more often. You'll figure it out, get past it, then crank on down to the 170 decade .

Mike, happy Low Carb Monday to you! Hope you had a good weekend and are doing well.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie,
I did have a great weekend, thanks. I invited over some friends and had a big crawfish boil/ cook out. I was shocked that my scale came down a tad after eating all the crawfish. I'm sure I took in enough sodium to last me a month. Oh, almeeker posted a thread in the success area about posting up prgress pics. Tag, your next!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

It kind of occurred to me that other years that I had lost weight prior to summer, I got sloppy with my eating habits around June. Now, it seems easy to see why. I just have to keep focused and not let a bad day turn into a bad month... or 2 or 3...

Terri,

Although Cassie can provide a much more professional view, from a mom's standpoint, it sounds like you're afraid of what might change if you become thinner. I see that your ultimate goal is 140. How do you picture your life would change or be different at 140? Is there something that scares you or makes you uncomfortable? If you can figure that out, you may find what's holding you back.

Just a thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.