View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
carlyonawire
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Carly, welcome.

Now, have you got an eating/exercise plan together? It sounds like your very active and that's great. If you keep a good calorie deficit the weight will peel off faster than you can imagine.

Please consider joining us in the 100 + to lose thread, if you like. It's nice to talk with others who are/were where you're at.

And if there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask. Until the PM feature is implemented here, you can always email me at info@ifixpcs.biz.

Regards,
Michael
Thanks, Michael and everyone, what a welcome!

Yes, I have a diet/exercise plan. Weekdays I do 30 minutes elliptical in the morning. I can log 3 miles in 30 minutes in the morning. I think when I plateau, I'll add an evening to that. I also wear my sneakers into the city and walk to and from my office and studio from the bus terminal (I change into my fancy shoes when I get there ) and that adds another 1-2 miles to my pedometer.
Food? I'm a big fan of the greek yogurt-it's very filling and super delicious. I am all about the water, water, water. I mostly stick to the same few things for breakfast and lunch and I try to make dinner interesting. I love cake and chips and all things bad for me, so I try to find the healthiest alternative on the market and stick to the serving size. I do restaurants. I don't mind asking the wait staff for substitutions. It's a way of life.

I am staying way under the calorie allowance for my program. I'm not sure if I should adjust it lower for faster weight loss, or leave the margin there and surprise myself daily. Do you have your 'calorie restriction' threshold set really low?

Weekends I am always working on something. I am a new homeowner so the work is abundant. Today, I planted the vegetable garden, cleaned the gutters, and mowed. I went to my moms and put all of her mulch down. So I am pretty beat right now. I'm still learning how to log all of that.

I'm not sure if all of that is a plan. I'm trying to build all of this into my life without making me feel like its boot camp or something.
So so far here it is. I plan on having good time and bad with this. I will slip and fall. I will have awesome weeks and rotten weeks. I'm ok with that.

I am carlyonawire with a yahoo at the end of that and I'm happy to be here.

And I'm still looking for the 100+ thread... I know I saw it yesterday...

Everbest,
Carly
carlyonawire is offline   Reply With Quote