View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #324 (permalink)
mecompco
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dear_abby View Post
Michael, good for you to keep going with moist feet - seems like you've gotten thus far by not finding excuses.

Today I got in 4.25 miles in 40 minutes - that included a cool down period, achieved 5K in about 29 minutes. The treadmill I was on had an absolutely unreliable heart rate device, when I stepped on it said 198 - when I had finished my first mile it said 88, I found it amusing.

I walked into the locker room after a great stretch and thought "I don't know if I've ever been happier".

But now, I work!

Abby
Thanks, Abby. Of course, it's raining here in Maine again--at least I brought the waterproof jacket today. My "waterproof" shoes weren't quite dry this morning so I've got alternate "not waterproof at all" footwear on today. Hopefully it will stop raining by noon.

And yes, I do my best not to get into the "excuse" mindset. I am very much a person of habit and routine. I can just as easily get into bad habits as good one so I need to be careful. That's why I need a set time to exercise--when the clock strikes 12:00, I'm out de' do' rain, shine, snow, whatever. If I gave myself the option to think about it, I'd have a million excuses not to go out.

Regards,
Michael

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote