View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #99 (permalink)
McSpin
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandoorichicken View Post
Based on all the research I've read over the last few years, my own conclusion is that you can lose weight and improve some health markers (depending on your own body chemistry and genetics) by sticking primarily to either fat or carbs as your main fuel source. People start running into trouble when they start consuming both fat and carbs in quantity. IMHO, high fat is preferable to high carb because of the amount of control it gives you over your blood glucose level, which can be extremely toxic when high.
I like your explanation very much. Low carb and high fat has brought me down 35 lbs to about 8% body fat and I've found it very easy to stay at this weight for a long time. I also found out that the more carbs I eat, the more I want to eat. Insulin peaks and valleys really wreck my ability to resist more carbs. Now I eat only the low glycemic ones and no more than around 35 grams in any one meal - with many meals being 1/2 of that. My fat intake has been around 60% with most of that from meat, eggs, fish oil, olive oil and coconut oil.
McSpin is offline   Reply With Quote