View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 03:35 AM   #97 (permalink)
tandoorichicken
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasiakitty23 View Post
Is anyone here doing the Paleo Diet?

how is it going? are you exercisizing primally too?

I'm trying to do it but I end up messing it up. But I keep trying. When I was able to stick to the diet/lifestyle for a week, I lost 4 lbs! Looking to get back on track with it.

Paleo diet/lifestyle is my fave, it really makes sense to me, to eat like cavemen used to eat. (so much healthier then today's foods that we eat!)
Don't worry about messing up! Keep to the paleo food rules 80% and you'll still make progress. I'm largely paleo but I do have the rare baked good, and occasional beans and dairy. The greatest progress can be had from simple wheat elimination.

I've been lifting heavy things for about 3 years now but I just got into running and I'm training for a 10K. There's an evolutionary basis for this.... look up persistence hunting.

Good luck!

My rules:
1) eat real food - more vegetables, moderate meat, moderate fruits, less grains, less sugar, less vegetable oils.
2) exercise - moderate intensity cardio, sprinting, heavy lifting, dedicated stretching and mobility.
3) live - relax, de-stress, meditate.

Disclaimer: I'm not professionally qualified to make any formal recommendations. I've just done my homework and I'm my own guinea pig. All of my data, unless otherwise cited, comes from a sample size of n=1 (me).
tandoorichicken is offline   Reply With Quote