Notices

Coming Back

Old 05-13-2011, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

Red face Coming Back

Hello everyone!

I'm coming back after being distracted with some personal stuff. I'm a single lady now, so I'm going to dedicate this time to learning how to cook and working on my fitness!

I'll be on the boards more often than a spammer on 4Chan so I hope you ladies (and occasional gents) are ready for me!

Love!~
Old 05-13-2011, 01:49 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome back! Glad to see you're back on the fitness wagon. Post away!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-13-2011, 01:50 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey Lady,
Welcome back!
Lots going on since you last posted . Lost of new stuff and lots of the same-old/same-old . Always nice to see one of the "old timers" checking bake in.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

Oh hurray! Thanks!~ I'm blessed to have a wonderful support system at home and to have the summer break to figure myself out. You all are the super delicious sugar-free icing on the single serving cupcake!

Hey now! I wouldn't consider myself all too much of an old-timer! I am only 20 after all!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:04 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Oh hurray! Thanks!~ I'm blessed to have a wonderful support system at home and to have the summer break to figure myself out. You all are the super delicious sugar-free icing on the single serving cupcake!

Hey now! I wouldn't consider myself all too much of an old-timer! I am only 20 after all!

20 and wise beyond her years!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to see you resurface...I'd been hoping you were doing okay.

Way to go to take the new phase of your life and turn it into something constructive. I know it sounds cliched, but you are worth it!
Old 05-15-2011, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

So over the summer I am keeping myself busy with 12 hours of online classes, jogging with one friend, lifting with two others, and potentially working as an intern.

The only reason that I'm mentioning this is that, since my ex left me, I seem to have no idea what an appropriate eating schedule is! I would always just eat when she was hungry since I messed up my hunger signals in high school through very crazy, ED-esque eating habits.

Typical Day:

Breakfast: Glucerna (200 Cal) and/or Redbull (10)
Snack: Banana (121)
Lunch: Starbucks (100 - 600)
Snack: Greek yogurt (140) and/or Muscle Milk (150)
Dinner- Chicken Breast (450 cal) [sometimes with Broccoli (100)]

While this day might look well proportioned, I am struggling to remember to eat every three hours and end up darn near binge eating on chicken and yogurt around 10PM, which is when I finally get to sit down after going to the gym.

Summary:
Has anyone had any luck with setting reminders to eat on your cellphones?
Any suggestions as to what kinds of food can survive the purse of an on-the-go college student?

Last edited by mhibdon; 05-15-2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Emphasis
Old 05-15-2011, 11:00 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Back! I'm in the same situation...left in February. It feels great to be back and starting again instead of ignoring this challenge for another year. Congratulations on being a warrior and staying the course!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome back, sorry to hear that your personal life is on the rocks, but sometimes that is for the best anyway. Congrats on jumping back on the wagon.

In regards to your eating after the gym I think that is totally normal, I crave protein rich foods after I workout as well. Why not plan for a protein shake or a chicken breast after the workout? It shouldn't be too hard especially given that you are forgetting to eat at other times of the day. Personally do not have the "forget to eat" problem, so can't comment on using a cell phone to remind me to do so, I should probably set mine up to tell me how long I have to go before I'm allowed eat again. I should think it would work rather well, especially if you have it with you all the time. I use mine to remind me of everything else, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for eating.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

welcome back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.