View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 02:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

Default Just my two cents

I got the same result clicking on the link.

I have done a lot of researching and I think that carbs are getting a really bad rap in some circles. Or at least, restricting them or overdoing them does not have any impact on how I personally lose weight or my health, at this point. Most days my carbs are around 55%; sometimes 65%. But I am losing weight and I just had a physical and my triglycerides (which I think measure sugar/fat caused by carbs? not sure) are at 45...supposed to be below 150. So the carbs aren't holding me back.

People get paranoid about carbs, but the truth is that you can find something on the internet to support any position you want. If you are really in doubt, contact a dietician/nutritionist.

I really believe that if you are smart about the kinds of carbs you eat, like Kathie said, restricting them because of something that someone wrote online is going to frustrate you and you will give up more quickly. Stick with the whole grains, fruits, veggies, dairy (if you do dairy), and you should be okay.

I realize that this is a controversial position, but I don't think it's any different from some diets that tell you to eat everything but carbs...including artery-clogging fatty foods.

The bottom line is that you need to find what works for you personally, or you won't stick with it and incorporate it into your lifestyle.

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote