Notices

What just happened? Why did I eat that?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default What just happened? Why did I eat that?

I'm alone at the office, with some boring work, I went out to lunch with two former clients, had a nice time, ate fairly healthy although I did finish the chips on my plate.

Got back to the office, there were some nice healthy Kashi cookies in the coffee room, had one, had my 3:00 healthy snack, then hit the healthy Special K chips, Note the recurring use of the word "healthy" - it isn't healthy if it is too excess, I just kept putting more and more in my mouth, I feel gross now, both a little over fed, and disgusted with my lack of discipline.

I'm pounding water now to keep myself from putting anything more in my mouth!

Why do I do this when I know how good the dropping numbers on the scale feel?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
I'm alone at the office, with some boring work, I went out to lunch with two former clients, had a nice time, ate fairly healthy although I did finish the chips on my plate.

Got back to the office, there were some nice healthy Kashi cookies in the coffee room, had one, had my 3:00 healthy snack, then hit the healthy Special K chips, Note the recurring use of the word "healthy" - it isn't healthy if it is too excess, I just kept putting more and more in my mouth, I feel gross now, both a little over fed, and disgusted with my lack of discipline.

I'm pounding water now to keep myself from putting anything more in my mouth!

Why do I do this when I know how good the dropping numbers on the scale feel?
Dunno what to tell you, bad/old habits are hard to break, I'll slip up every once in a while.....
I cheated with a doughnut hole this morning, but I did turn down free BBQ ribs & brisket @ lunch.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to both of you - SW and Sister Jen

You might be onto something there Sister, I'm on the cusp of that still...(sorry guys, if you're uncomfortable with this discussion we could move to the women's area, but I think everyone's support if valuable).

I know being the only one in the office makes me worse behaved, I don't have to role model, and sort of "sneaking" like being a kid without the baby sitter for the first time...

And, I'm a little lonely and bored (not for lack of real work to do, but for lack of people to discuss it with), calories and walking to the breakroom provide excitement! With your permission, I'm going to use this board like my AA sponsor, instead of calling, posting instead of eating.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:36 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a good use of the forums. I find sometimes when I have been really good at resisting a big temptation I lapse and eat dumb things when there is no real reason to. Mary
Old 04-22-2011, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

I do that from time to time. I'm so good about my diet and I lose the weight and it feels amazing. Then, for whatever reason, it's like my brain decides to take a nap and the rest is left alone to eat things I used to eat. I try to just counteract it by doing just a little more time in gym and getting right back to my diet.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default boredom eating...

... does me in all the time!
Hey Abby,
I am a little underwhelmed at work these days, too and I have to constantly find ways of to steer clear of the breakroom or the shopping center across the street. Even at home waiting for DH to come home or dinner to hit the table I am more likely to nosh out boredom than anything else.

I often find myself waiting for others to catch up either at work or at home. I can't continue until someone else does their part. Then the boredom sets in and...

I guess it beat feeling constantly overwhelmed, out of breath and out of control .
Old 04-23-2011, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, I working from home and I am very close to the kitchen. I often ope the fridge and munch things which I don't like anyway.
I try to be more cautious about it and tell myself that. "Hey, you are not hungry"
I know what you mean.
Mai
Old 04-23-2011, 07:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Abby, unfortunately we are not saints and sometimes a little sinning creeps in, due to boredom, the blues, PMS, celebrations, holidays, etc..... Me, it's weekends or my partner coming home for a few days, or going out with my friends, and once recently it was just an overwhelming craving for chocolate which I satisfied until I felt sick. It's not about the giving in, it's about the NOT giving up, trip ups happen, put them behind you and move on. As for using these forums like AA sponsors, absolutely, that's what I do daily, feel free to pop over to my daily dose thread and use me as a spring board or a listening ear or anything else you need.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Chocoholics Anonymous?

There are Whoppers eggs in my car right now.

They are calling me.

I am posting, and sticking my fingers in my ears and saying "Dadadadadadada I can't hear you!"
Old 04-23-2011, 05:11 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Chocoholics Anonymous?

There are Whoppers eggs in my car right now.

They are calling me.

I am posting, and sticking my fingers in my ears and saying "Dadadadadadada I can't hear you!"
My, my, my, I just cannot buy those whopper eggs! Even though I don't really like them all that much, once I start... well it is all over but the cry'n.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.