View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
mecompco
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCrunch00 View Post
Mike I didnt know that it was ever that serious with you, I guess it makes me more confident to hear and see your progress that man that is amazing, All my life I have been up and down with my weight I got to the point were I just thought its never going to be for me to be thin or just smaller I got to do it now thanks to both you guys for the support I am going to continue working at it
Capn, that's good to hear. Yup, I've had a struggle all my life--was probably 300 or so in high school. Got down to 175 by mostly starvation methods at age 21 or so then spent the next bunch of years getting back up over 400. In '01 or thereabouts joined FitDay and got down to 184 in about a years time by doing ultra-low cals/fat (after a 30 day water fast). Of course, spent the next few years putting it all back on, and then some.

Last May I decided that I had to take action--was really getting hard to move, I could barely squeeze into my vehicle, it hurt just to stand up out of my chair. After six weeks of 1500 calories I weighed in at 393 so I figure I was somewhere around 440 or so--perhaps more, perhaps a bit less.

About the only good thing about being really big is that you can lose weight REALLY fast at first. I don't recall how many cals you're doing but 1500-1600 works really well for me. I'm not often overly hungry and have maintained a fairly consistent loss (which is slowing as I get smaller, but that's fine). Health-wise I noticed a difference very quickly but it was quite some time before I did much exercise.

Now the thing that I've never done is to maintain a healthy weight for any long period of time--I've always been either going up or going down. That is going to be my biggest challenge. My plan is to continue to journal food and exercise on FitDay for the foreseeable future, even when I do get to my goal. I know I just can't be trusted without some form of accountability and keeping track--most people probably can, but I know myself and have come to that realization.

Please keep us posted as to your progress and never give up!

Regards,
Michael

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote