Some of my motivations might mean silly, but they're the things I envision when I'm in the hardest stages of my workout and want to quit, or when I'm having a frustrating scale week (or two, or three...)
1) I want to be able to have children someday, and I want to teach them how to live a healthy life. I want to be an example to them - and I want to be healthy enough to have them in the first place!
2) I want to FEEL good.
3) I want my boyfriend to be able to pick me up and spin me around. I also want to have the option of being carried across thresholds. Neither has ever happened.
4) Taking care of my appearence - makeup, clothing, styles and fashions. Things I want to wear but don't currently look good on my body as it is. I want to feel good, and know I look good, so I don't have to think about it when meeting people or being social. I want to lose that self-conscious feeling I always have.
5) I the jaws of family and friends who haven't seen me in a year to drop!
6) Ticking off little goals every day that remind me that the scale isn't the ONLY indicator of my healthy life.
7) Support from people at Fitday motivates me even on the worst days
Female, 30 years old, 5'4 1/2" tall
Starting weight 1/4/11 = 215.2 lbs.
Weight 5/19/14 = 179.6 (net: -35.6)
Current mini-goal: 175 lbs.
Lowest weight: 156.7 lbs.
150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130-140 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."