View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Esofia
FitDay Member

Hello! I'm new too, I've been doing this for a few weeks.

I know you're feeling despairing, but you've already made a lot of positive changes. You've cut out junk, you're showing a lot of discipline, you're exercising regularly.

I'm guessing that you're consuming too many calories and limiting your diet too severely. If you really are eating nothing but animal foods, that's extremely unbalanced. Unless you have coeliac disease, you shouldn't need to cut out all grains, and even coeliacs have a fair number of grains they can still eat. (I went gluten-free for a year, I should know.) Pulses are good too. And what's happening with fruit and veg?

For the time being, why don't you try eating a good variety of foods and concentrating on the calorie side of things. Have you tried using the FitDay calculator to see how many calories it recommends? It's meant to be fairly good. Log absolutely everything you eat, make sure you get the amounts correct (you get to know your kitchen scales and measuring cups very well, though after a while you can do some of it by eye), and FitDay will tot up the calories for you. It also tots up carbs, fat, protein, micronutrients, pretty much everything (except for sugars and pantothenic acid, for some odd reason) and does nice little analyses for you. Log your diet for a few days, then come back and tell us how many calories you're consuming, your balance of carbs/protein/fat, and how many calories FitDay things you should be eating.

There's a good post somewhere here by a professional archaeologist who has pointed out that these primal blueprint diets are wildly inaccurate in their estimation of what early humans ate, and that in fact the diet was a great deal more varied than that. Possibly it's a page or two into the "dangers of Atkins" thread?

By the way, isn't raw milk meant to be quite the health risk? There's a reason why it's not the standard form of milk.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote