View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

Since I've started down the healthy path, quite without intending to I've cut my caffeine intake down to almost nothing. I like a cup of coffee in the morn, well 2 cups actually, but the rest of the day I'm caffeine free. And since I start my day with a 60 minute workout, I sleep like a fallen log. The only time I have trouble sleeping anymore is when I accidentally get into something with caffeine in it late in the day, like a new box of herbal tea that I didn't realize was regular not decaff. So I would recommend that you cut back on the caffeine some, it actually causes water retention which will give you more pain, the less pain you are in the more you can do at the gym and the easier it is to get out of bed.

As for motivation, this is what works for me (although I'm actually a mom):
I don't want to be the dad that sits on the bench at the park, I want to be the dad out there having a great time with my kids.
I don't want to be the dad who, through example teaches his children to be obese.
I don't want to be the father of children that are miserable because they are obese.
I want to meet my grandchildren and great grandchildren.
I want to be physically strong enough to tackle each day like a linebacker and fast enough to keep the kids chasing me (instead of the other way round).
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote