Notices

Anyone else trying to get rid of 10 lbs?

Old 05-06-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Anyone else trying to get rid of 10 lbs?

I am trying to focus on working out 5 days a week for half hour and eating 1500 calories. I am struggling to get rid of weight on my stomach since it's all baby weight. Can anyone help me with their diet tricks and suggestions please?

Starting weight- Feb 2011- 154 lbs.
Current weight- 147 lbs.
Goal weight (July 1st 2011)- 135 lbs.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Keep track of your calories in versus calories out and try to maintain the deficit you need.

Add some strength training to your exercise plan if you're not already doing it...a balance between cardio and strength is your best attack for belly fat.

Also, incorporating a good amount (20-30% of daily calories) of healthy fat (poly- and monounsaturated) into your diet has been shown to help with belly fat.

Make sure you get a good amount of protein, too, though the "right" amount varies for everyone.

Drink water, drink water, drink water!

Good luck! If you poke around the site, you will see lots of posts with ideas and what worked (and didn't) for other folks.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 05-12-2011, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

i am new to the site and i too need to lose about 10lbs and most of it in the belly!! a little frustrated b/c i've been working out 4-5 days/week for 60 minutes and i've actually gained weight. i'm going to stick with it. good luck!! )
Old 05-16-2011, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Your numbers (starting, current, and goal weights) are almost identical to mine. I also have a lot more stomach flab than anywhere else. Very annoying!

I think 1500 calories is slightly much unless you are really working out hard. You don't say what you are doing for workouts. A good mix of cardio and strength training. Women don't usually do enough strength training and then they wonder why they don't look toned.

Do you lead a high stress lifestyle? If so, that might explain some of the stubborn belly weight.