View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mark999
FitDay Member

Welcome to Fitday.

I'd say your number look fairly close based on the calculators I use. Keep in mind this is not an exact science for anyone. If you can get your actual results close to your projected results you're doing great. For me, and most here I'd suspect, these tools are used as a guide to help us stay on course.

For you, since you say your activity level is non-existent, I would image that your burn rate is much closer to your basal metabolic rate than to the sedentary calculation, which going to be almost 100 calories less. This would put your burn somewhere around 1370 (a complete resting rate would even less), though you could actually be doing the 1470 as FD states. At any rate, with your average consumption at 1100 you can expect to lose from 1/2 to 3/4 of a pound per week depending on the actual burn rate. Just track everything as best you can and you will learn of any variances and how to account for them. If you're like me it's likely that the variances will come from not meticulously measuring food. I tend to guesstimate portions. (maybe that's why I've been gaining lately...)

As for your other inquiries regarding hormones and cycles I can't help you.

Starting yet Again: 9/16/11 205 lbs. (someone help motivate me please)
Starting Again 4/14/11: 192 lbs. (completely fell off the wagon here)
Goal 8/11/11: 175 lbs. (Never made it)

Complete failure at keeping it off and now starting again.

9/1/14: 241 lbs.
Goal Weight: 190
Mark999 is offline   Reply With Quote