View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
mecompco
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post

Michael,
That truly is awesome what you've been able to do. I think this would be a great place to talk about other changes you may have seen such as cholesterol, blood glucose, resting heart rate, sleep, ability to do things easier... tie shoes, etc. I'm curious as to besides looking great, how you actually feel.
Well, Mike, I really have no idea as to all that medical stuff--I suppose I'll have to break down and go for a check up one of these days .

I think I've related before that I was all-in walking more than 50ft. or so and that it was painful to simply stand up. It takes a lot of energy to keep 400+ pounds alive, I'll tell you.

I do sleep much better--I used to stop breathing quite often, the wife tells me--she'd wake me up once in a while to start again (thanks, dear!).

I must say that I feel pretty darned good! Just got back from my two mile 28 minute jog (and jogged the whole way, today). A far cry from a year ago when not being able to find the closest parking space at McDonald's was a major hardship!

Knees don't hurt, ankles don't hurt, back doesn't hurt, feet don't hurt, don't sound like a steam locomotive while walking, you get the picture.

So, if anyone is contemplating gaining a couple hundred pounds, I'd advise against it . If anyone reading this is in the same boat I was, all I can say is make up your mind to do it, get a plan in place, and get-r-done. The rewards are WELL worth the minor aggravation of a lifestyle change.

Regards,
Michael

PS I'll feel even better when I get down under 200--after that we'll see what looks/feels best. Also, I think I should do another picture--perhaps one beside the Jeep like the "before" one. I didn't even know I had that picture so my "during" photo is hard to directly compare. I think I've also got a "before" of my face--it really looks different--heck, it took me a second to recognize my face in a dept. store mirror the other day!

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

Last edited by mecompco; 05-05-2011 at 06:02 PM.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote