Notices

Here we go...again

Old 05-05-2011, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Here we go...again

Hey guys! I am new to this site. I really (REALLY) would like to finish my weight loss journey! I began about 4 years ago at 217. I lost 55lbs in about 6 months on WW. YAY! Then went back to school, got divorced, worked two jobs, blah blah. Although I have been "pretty good" about maintaining (still at 177), I want to finally reach my goal of 155! It is just so hard now with two kids, very little money to go around (and yes, I do believe it takes more money to eat healthy)..but it has to be now or never!

I used to be a gym rat...now cant afford the gym. By the time I get home from work, I am SO UNMOTIVATED to do any form of exercise. I used to love the gym, but cant carry that over to the house.

My first goal is to get to 170 by end of May. 7lbs shouldn't be too hard, but I have tried this before. Anyone want to be a buddy? Accountability is the best thing for me (why I was so successful on WW). I know what I need to do to lose the weight, but just cant get back into that state of mind.

Thanks for any help!
XOXOXO
Old 05-05-2011, 01:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums!

I guess eating well does cost a bit more, but I think it's worth it. And exercise really needn't cost much--one can, of course, walk, do videos, even find weights to lift at home.

But, I agree that finding and keeping that motivation (I call it "flipping the switch") is the hard part. I wish I could help you flip yours but it took be years to get mine flipped back on.

If there's anything we can do to help, just speak up.

Regards,
Michael

PS Thanks for the kind words in my "WIP" thread.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi yes i am new too and i'd like to be your buddy for i need one also, any motivation is motivation none the less!!

i bought a mountain bike and just cant get motivated to go out on it. i think its because i live in the country and its down hill out but its uphill back!

looking forward to chatting with you
Old 05-05-2011, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

That would be great poppy1979! I look forward to letting you know my progress and cheering you on with yours!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi!

I'm new here too. I'd love to find a buddy. I am starting at 179, 5 feet 4 inches. I lost weight 3 years ago....down to 138....but sadly gained it all back and then some. I have a teenage daughter and twins (boy/girl) who are in Kindergarten. I really need to find a way to get motivated and find the willpower that I know is within me. Maybe we can encourage eachother.

Best of luck to you!

Kathy