View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
fitdayfreshstart
FitDay Member

Red face Hello, Debbie Downer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraJo9 View Post
I am sick of myself. Two years ago, I lost 30 pounds and kept it off for a year. For the past year, I've slowly put about 15 of those pounds back on and every day for the past two months I've been saying "today is the day I get back on track". But I haven't done it. 15 pounds is two clothes sizes and I'm just sick of feeling fat.

So is today the day or am I going to blow it again?
Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer
Keep your chin up! It is a marathon - not a sprint. Every day is a fresh start.

I'm 41 and getting back in better shape after some ups and downs myself. It is harder as you get older - that is the truth! If you are young - make the effort to get to a healthy weight now (While you still can!!) and keep it that way.

I've only been on this site for one week. A trainer recommended it. I was stuck at 150 despite 6 days a week at the gym and depriving myself of all the things I really like to eat. Logging my food has opened my eyes to the fact that I was eating too LITTLE each day - and the wrong things - and not drinking enough water. I ate more over the last week (protein, of course!) drank more water, and finally broke the barrier. I want to be fit and firm - and weigh what my driver's license says I do - that's all.

Fifteen pounds - 2 clothing sizes - is totally do-able by summer. Why not start today? You will feel great and what a wonderful way to greet the warmer weather?!?!

I've never posted before but noticed your post as I drank my protein shake (Yum!) and looked around at what this site has to offer other than the food log. I hope you'll write back and say you're making good choices.

Nothing tastes as good as skinny (and healthy!) feels. : )

Wendy
fitdayfreshstart is offline   Reply With Quote