Notices

Trying to get back

Old 04-30-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Trying to get back

Hey Ladies. Its been a while since I have posted. I have fell off the wagon and fell hard!!!!!

Luckily I have only gained 10lbs back of the 28 I had lost. Everyday I say I am getting back on track but never do. I know that coming here and logging my food helped alot! So I hope by putting this out here that it will make me come back again.

In February I started traveling for work. I drive on average of 1000 miles per week, so in the car about 4 hours a day!!! I go to different locations daily. Of course I have been eating more fast food than is good for anyone!! And to top it off I havent been exercising.

So I really need some advice on how to get back on track. I have to start taking all my food for the day when I leave home in the mornings. I may or may not have microwaves available so I would prefer to not take things that need to be heated up. Any suggestions on food plans would be great!! Normally I dont get to eat breakfast before leaving home either.

I sit around and think of how I started exercising and I just dont remember what got me motivated back in October when I was loosing steadily.

Sorry for such a long post. I just feel completely lost right now!! I am so disappointed in myself!!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Glenda, good to have you back with us! You will get back on track; have faith.

One thing to suggest would be to join us on the 7-day motivational thread in this section. We post goals, report on progress, support each other, and chat a lot about random stuff. We start a new one every Monday, but you can jump in anytime.

My hubby's going to be traveling for work a lot over the next month or two. I found this blog for him with a lot of ideas in the comments section:

Healthy Eating while Traveling - 101 Cookbooks
Old 04-30-2011, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Glenda! Welcome back! I was wondering what happened to you. I'm still around, but most days just have enough time to log the foods. I got down to 129#, but then put some back on, and have been losing and gaining the same 4-5 pounds for months.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you both for your responses! I absolutely loved the motivational thread back when it first started!! I may try that in a week or so. I know that held me accountable. I am still trying to get back in to the habit of posting all my food. I did pretty good this weekend considering how busy we were with DD's dance recital!! I am working at home today so its pretty easy. I think I will try just taking salads for a while and maybe sandwiches and fruit for lunch. I think I should just keep it simple!! Again thanks for the warm welcome back!!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Glenda i just want to say that i can understand how you feel when it comes to the gaining back weight and feeling lost. I was also doing really well and at my lowest was 11st 8lbs. I felt amazing! Well a stone has come back on and my oh my do i feel so uncomfortable with it.
I too do not remember myself when i was so focused and nothing could put me off track. What happened i dont know but once we work hard to get this excess weight back off again i know that we will feel much more confident.
I think it takes alot to come back and ive only come back to fitday myself tonight after a long break. One things for sure though- fitday is the best support there is when it comes to weight loss and if we stick at it and do whats needed we will reach our goals.
Also i find it so difficult to eat breakfast but lately ive been making myself eat it. Ive found that a bowl of porridge before the day with a chopped banana fills me up all day til next meal-time. It has stopped me needing to re-fuel through the day so much. I think you are right at keeping things simple to start with, i am also going straight back to basics.
Good Luck
Tracey
Old 05-02-2011, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Hi Glenda i just want to say that i can understand how you feel when it comes to the gaining back weight and feeling lost. I was also doing really well and at my lowest was 11st 8lbs. I felt amazing! Well a stone has come back on and my oh my do i feel so uncomfortable with it.
I too do not remember myself when i was so focused and nothing could put me off track. What happened i dont know but once we work hard to get this excess weight back off again i know that we will feel much more confident.
I think it takes alot to come back and ive only come back to fitday myself tonight after a long break. One things for sure though- fitday is the best support there is when it comes to weight loss and if we stick at it and do whats needed we will reach our goals.
Also i find it so difficult to eat breakfast but lately ive been making myself eat it. Ive found that a bowl of porridge before the day with a chopped banana fills me up all day til next meal-time. It has stopped me needing to re-fuel through the day so much. I think you are right at keeping things simple to start with, i am also going straight back to basics.
Good Luck
Tracey
Thank you so much for your response. It is good to know that I am not the only who has gotten of track! I completely agree, when I was exercising daily I felt great! I was still on the heavy side but didnt feel it as bad as I do know. I am finally getting my mind back right. I have settled in my new job and hopefully I can get back to a good routine. I look forward to chatting with you in the future!!