Notices

Speed up weight loss

Old 03-09-2011, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default Speed up weight loss

I've been losing quite consistently, but I'm starting to feel a little too... bored? I guess that's the best word for it. I'd like to start seeing some more significant losses from time to time.

I'm juggling around a few ideas around the ole' noggin. Possibly doing a temporary Atkins induction every once in a while, just give an extra push. Or maybe start fasting like one day a week.

I don't know, just looking to mix things up a bit. Give me your ideas! What works for you when you need to boost your losses?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
FitDay Member

sometimes being consistent is ok...you know what they say about slow and steady wins the race...all the extreme diets come with a price. Maybe a fitness challenge instead to keep it fresh?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

When I've hit plateaus in the past, I always broke through them by changing up my exercise routine (making my routine longer, maybe harder or just different), and doing what I call "protein days", get my percentage of protein up to 35-50 for 2-3 days running. You might also take on some sort of challenge like do Cto5K or some such. Maybe join a road bike or beach volley ball club, and start training for the next event. Or you might consider purchasing a new piece of exercise equipment or a gym membership. In for a penny, in for a pound.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Lots of people use Atkins to get a quick loss in a short time. It gets rid of a lot of water weight. You get to see a new number on the scale. Then you go back to your regular diet and that water comes back on. So, short-term, very short-term, it does what you want it to do.

Long-term, your diet is progressing fine, it seems. Why mess with that success? What you need is a new interest in some physical activity that will entertain you while you are losing - take up a new sport or start an intense swim program at the Y, or something like that!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

I am practicing a one-day fasting three times per week for losing weight. In other days i am not eating after 6 pm. I lost 10 kg and still losing about 1 kg per week. but now I have a problem with my extra skin.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default speedy weight loss

To make your speedy weight loss you have to perform many of the exercises and especially yoga to keep your body fit and fine. Every morning try to do yoga and some fitness training to keep yourself fit also have a juice and green vegetable in your meal it will help you a lot to maintain your body and diet.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:48 PM
FitDay Member

fasting one day a week is supposed to be healthy but personally I don't think I could do it. You might be different though. It's said to give your digestive system a rest and bring about better health in general. However you're also supposed to drink enough water (within reason) and not do a lot of activity on that day. If you're bored with your dieting routine it seems like fasting one day a week would make you even more bored because you couldn't really get up and do a lot that day.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

A 24 hour fast once or twice a week might help.... and 24 hours isn't that bad (or as bad as it seems) because you don't go an entire day without eating.

For instance, Monday have breakfast and lunch. Don't eat anything after lunch (say you finish at 1pm), then fast until 1pm the following day (Tuesday) - eat lunch at 1pm, and dinner. There is a 24 hour fast. You could of course even eat breakfast, lunch, dinner (say end at 6pm) then wait until 6pm to eat the next day.

You shouldn't really do this more than twice a week, as it can over-stress the body and raise cortisol levels. But once or twice shouldn't hurt.

And the key is to east 'normal' sized meals - don't overcompensate by having a huge dinner. (It can be a little bigger than normal - but don't eat all of your calories for that day in one meal!)
Old 09-12-2011, 05:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default huh?

where are people getting the idea that fasting for weight loss is healthy?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:14 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ripemango
where are people getting the idea that fasting for weight loss is healthy?
Well, I don't know that it's particularly unhealthy, in moderation. We all fast from supper to breakFAST every day. But, having been a serious fasting practitioner in the past (a couple 30 day water fasts and many shorter ones) I don't see it as an effective weight loss strategy for the long run.

Really, a moderate amount of "good" calories per day is, I think, the ultimate answer to weight loss. Yes, you can dump weight pretty quickly with a fast but much of it comes back when you break the fast and the impulse to "binge" once the fast is ended is pretty powerful. Much better to lose a steady one or two pounds a week while enjoying good food and the occasional indulgence.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.