Notices

Alli?

Old 06-02-2010, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Alli?

Has anyone had better success by adding in Alli to their day?

I'm not going to start it right away, but am considering it as my "ace in the hole" in case I start to plateau. I don't like diet pills, but I think this one is a lot different than most.

Thoughts? Experiences etc.?
Old 06-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Chris...in addition to the replies you get here, there was a whole thread about Alli in the "Diets" section. It was probably before you joined FitDay so just wanted to let you know you might get some info over there if you go back to old pages. Good luck!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks much!!! I will check it out!
Old 06-02-2010, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

montana...I'm not sure what it was, but there was definately something on the news the other day about alli and the fda but I couldn't focus on the tv at that time. You might want to check into it. I've often thought of it as my ace in the hole too. I want to see how far I can get on my own first.

Good luck. Stay healthy.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

i was on alli for 2 1/2 months. not only it did not work for me, since i was expecting miracles because of it and did not see resualt, i got a depression too.( depression is also listed as of a side effect of alli). i did not have any of the other side effects though.
by the way, miracle did happen once i came across the fitday! so far i have lost almost about 11 lbs in six weeks!!!!!!!! for me, that is totally amazing!!!!!!
my neice is also a md and she was so against alli. so i think research it, find out all you need to know about it, and as the last recourse, if you absoulotely have to, then give it a try.

good luck!!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dizzy_44
montana...I'm not sure what it was, but there was definately something on the news the other day about alli and the fda but I couldn't focus on the tv at that time. You might want to check into it. I've often thought of it as my ace in the hole too. I want to see how far I can get on my own first.

Good luck. Stay healthy.
Thanks for the feedback. After researching it, I'm not planning on using it. Aside from the potential side effects that aren't damaging to your health, the thought that it "may" cause liver damage nixes it for me.

Guess my ace in the hole will now be the Phase 1 of the South Beach diet instead.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Just a funny that is not so funny ...

A nurse friend of mine pointed out that one of the side effects of alli is "anal leakage."

Not sure about you, but that is definately NOT something that I want!

My husband did the Atkins Diet and just gained back everything that he had lost. My doctor and a friend both suggested a "lifestyle" change instead of a "diet." That is why I am on this site. I am wanted to LIVE a healthier lifestyle, and if I loose weight in the process, then I get double the pleasure!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lhebert830
Just a funny that is not so funny ...

A nurse friend of mine pointed out that one of the side effects of alli is "anal leakage."

Not sure about you, but that is definately NOT something that I want!

My husband did the Atkins Diet and just gained back everything that he had lost. My doctor and a friend both suggested a "lifestyle" change instead of a "diet." That is why I am on this site. I am wanted to LIVE a healthier lifestyle, and if I loose weight in the process, then I get double the pleasure!
That's one of the side effects that didn't look so fun yeah.

I figure that I won't do surgery because I'm afraid of the side effects, and so I won't do alli either now. LIver damage is nothing to mess with! And with surgery, to have it be effective, I'd have to make the lifestyle change anyway, so might as well just make the lifestyle change now and see how far it takes me...
Old 04-27-2011, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

You only get those type of side effects from Alli if you eat TONS of fat with your meal (>19g I believe). I take Alli sometimes and never got any side effects.
Can't comment on the efficacy though, as I've never taken it constantly.