Thread: i am a newbie
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
SLDJ
FitDay Member

Hi all,

I am in my mid-30s and have a 2 year old and a 1-year old. About 4 months after having my son, I wanted to lose the baby weight. I was carrying an additional 5 lbs and weighed in at 125 lbs; I just wanted to lose the 5 lbs and tone up. I ended up losing 18 lbs after doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred for 229 days (and counting...I'd like to do this as my daily routine forever. I switch up the workouts to work different muscles and combine with yoga on my "rest" day).

My stats:
July 2010 started working out
Weight: 125 lbs
height: 5 foot 5 inches
Goal weight: 120 lbs

Current stats at April 2011 after working out for 229 (nearly consecutive) days:
Weight: 107 lbs
Goal weight - I don't want to lose any more weight, I just want to keep building muscle!

After being pregnant or post-partum for 3 years, I have needed to re-learn how to eat healthy and how to take care of my body again. With limited time caring for two babies, I have been able to carve out 30 minutes to work out before my kids get up each morning.

On my "rest" day I usually do a yoga class. I'm a habit person and I feel less energized if I don't work out.

This is a great site - I'd also like to learn more about eating. We are SUPER HEALTHY eaters at our house, but living on a mostly vegetarian diet I think we all need more protein here, for one thing. And I can't get my toddlers to eat vegetables so I'm interested in recipes.... Plus, as a full-time mom, I probably need to get as much protein as I can. I try to eat 5-6 small meals a day but it's tough. I'm hypoglycemic (low blood sugar tendency) so I have to eat every 2 hours or so, and protein-packed meals and snacks are great for folks with low blood sugar. Anyway. That's where I'm at right now.

Good luck, folks! Harness your own power!

--stephanie
SLDJ is offline   Reply With Quote