Notices

Hello New here

Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello New here

Hello, I am new here but not new to fitness.

I am 34 years old. In decent shape but could be better for sure and I think that will come with a better diet. (not to sure about how i will give up ice cream or chocolate)

About 7 years ago I wanted to settle down have kids etc....Well I was smoking, lazy and out of shape so I decided that I would get healthy and start to take care of myself so I can lead a good example for my future kids. Now I have a 5 year old son who is one of the most active kids around. (so is daddy)

I quit smoking 7 years ago, caffine a couple years after. started to work out 2 years ago at a gym. (weight classes) I dropped from 200lbs to 180ish lbs I try to do fun things like hockey, tennis, walking for cardio since I get really bored on the cardio machines at the gym.

A challenge to me is to stay motivated. I think that this site will help me especailly with watching what I eat. I am aiming to shed the last 10lbs which seems to be so much harder then the first 20. I am also hoping to get some inspiration from others on here as well.

Anyway, I love the site so far. I wanted to say hello to everyone out there!

Cheers!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey ronnyellis,
Your story reminds me of mine and several others... taking it in stages. Congrats on quitting smoking and each of the subsequent steps. Obviously they have stuck. And yeah... it is a bummer that the closer you get to your goal the harder it seems to be to reach it. But persistance and perserverence will pay off.

As you poke around the forums you'll see there are folks from all walks of life and at all stages from extremely fit to just starting to getting moving. But everyone shares a common desire to improve their health and to share their journey. (Safety in numbers.. yano).

So welcome! Join in! Start a thread. Tell us more about yourself and don't be afraid to ask a question now and again. Sometimes the best discussions start from a simple question.

Pam
Old 04-20-2011, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi....I'm new too. Just yesterday. Like you, I am in okay shape...not great. But I am at the point where I need to start really caring about being in good shape or else it will trickle down to my kids. I need to lead by example. I am trying to lose 20 lbs. Do you have any good suggestions for breakfasts? Do you do yogurt at all. I enjoy yogurt and thought maybe it would be a good start to the day. I will help motivate you, if you will help me.
Kids are off for easter break now, and my daughter and I are going to do a workout video together. Hoping to make it a daily thing until the weather breaks and we can get outside to run/walk together. We want to train for a 5k. Let me know how you are doing. Im a mom too and new here too as I just posted under new comer this morning...so thought maybe we could help motivate each other. Mo
Old 04-20-2011, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by motomdrew
Hi....I'm new too. Just yesterday. Like you, I am in okay shape...not great. But I am at the point where I need to start really caring about being in good shape or else it will trickle down to my kids. I need to lead by example. I am trying to lose 20 lbs. Do you have any good suggestions for breakfasts? Do you do yogurt at all. I enjoy yogurt and thought maybe it would be a good start to the day. I will help motivate you, if you will help me.
Kids are off for easter break now, and my daughter and I are going to do a workout video together. Hoping to make it a daily thing until the weather breaks and we can get outside to run/walk together. We want to train for a 5k. Let me know how you are doing. Im a mom too and new here too as I just posted under new comer this morning...so thought maybe we could help motivate each other. Mo

Hey Mo,

Sounds like we are in simular situations. It would be great to have someone to help each other out! Thanks for the message.

For breakfast I usually have oatmeal. On days I work out at 6am I eat eggs after my workout for breakfast. I have not really got into yogurt. Not sure why.

Do you have an email addy so we can touch base through email? I am new here as you know so I am not sure if there is a way to contact members or not.

Thanks again for the message.

Cheers!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hi. thanks for the message. my email is [email protected] I am new too and have no idea how to navigate the site yet...but i am learning. So how much are you trying to lose? From what i can read on here people are saying that you shouldn't really worry about a number...that's hard when every moring i want the scale to tell me something good. lol. Eggs...i didn't think about that. sounds great. Send me an email if you get a chance. probably a better way to communicate with each other. Thanks for this...i need a buddy! mo