Notices

*waves* Hi there!

Old 04-19-2011, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default *waves* Hi there!

So here I am...I've used FD in the past, sporadically, but never stuck to it. I've tried to eat better in the past, but never stuck to it. It'd last a week or so and I would be done. I always called it a "diet" and never exercised.

This time around, I've decided not to call it a diet. I call it making better choices. If I want to take my little girl out for ice cream or out to eat, I want to have it too. But 99% I will make good choices...or better. I'll have pizza...but instead of having 3 or 4 slices, I'll have 1 with veggies on the side.

I decided calling it a "diet" is what makes me fail.

This time around I've started going to the free gym my work offers. I just started that in the past week - so I'm still getting on track there. But I plan on M, W, F doing Couch to 5K and on T and T, I'll do weights and a different kind of cardio.

I want to do this for my little girl. I'm a single mom and I'm all she's got. She deserves to have a healthy mom who provides a good example.

So here I am! Did my first day of Couch to 5K yesterday. Thought I was going to die...but I made it. And I've been eating well for about a month. I'm actually finding FD fun! At the beginning I was eating things I "thought" were good, only to find out they weren't that great. LOL Now I like to find better options! Its challenging.

Sorry for the book. Can't wait to get support and offer it as well!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Smiley, my first name is also Amy. Anyway I hear you on the "little girl" thing, only it's times 3 at my house. I think maybe the BEST thing that has come of this journey for me is that my kids are making much better choices than they used to and we are a TON more active as a family. So welcome aboard you're in for a good ride here on FD.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Wow...your stats are awesome! What have you been doing?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay Amy! Congrats on doing C25K