Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11

Old 04-17-2011, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/18/11

Good Morning Everyone!! Are we ready to rock this week?

Thought since I had an insomnia night I'd get it started since I already started my day here lol

This weeks goals are gonna be simple maintenance goals since I've got a bit much on my plate..

Fitness Goals:

1) Maintain calorie budget and Deficit
2) Walk min. 30 min 6 days/ Try to get in either 10 min jump rope or 15 min. yoga 2 days if possible in the havok
3) Increase water intake-stay away from sodas
4) Stay away from junk-keep eating those vegies
5) Get Rest

Non-Fitness Goals:

1) Keep my cool, Smile more Bitch less -5 pushups for every loss
2) Paperwork Paperwork Paperwork, get it done, get the passport
3)Finish lace project #2, get a good bit done on #3
4) Sit down with hubby to discuss locations
5) Enjoy a stress free 4 year anniversary on Thursday WITHOUT thinking of tasks for our visa process

The next 4 weeks are gonna be a serious challenge for eating, and exercise because we're running a tight tight budget, even looking for a telecommute job (Anyone know of any?) So, eating healthy is becomming a serious challenge because we have to eat cheap.

Can't wait till Thursday though...It's a stay in day due to budget, but we're making it a movie marathon night with treats.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over.
2. Drink 96 oz of water.
3. Exercise 6 hours.
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week.
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher.
6. Log food and report every day even weekends.

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (with or without nagging).
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race.
9. Call the autobody place and set up appointment.
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act.
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) 10 push-ups for infractions.
12. Clean out pantry area in basement.
13. Order more parts for elliptical (I'm starting to call that thing "the money pit").
14. Housework:
Monday bathrooms, laundry
Tuesday kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroom laundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry
Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, closet, porch, laundry
Sunday, basement, cupboard, laundry

Cassie I need to give the eye doctor an ear full because of a letter that they sent to me. My middle DD wears glasses and has since she was 3. She's extremely farsighted, and goes once a year for a checkup. Her prescription has changed over the years, but only the tiniest bit here and there. She was due for an eye exam in January, but I didn't schedule it because we were waiting to see how the vision insurance was going to end up, due to budgetary changes blah blah blah. Well the week before last I got a rather nasty note from the eye doctor basically telling me that I'm a negligent parent and my child's eyesight is in danger because I'm such a slacker with making the appointment. We all know this is BS, what they really should have said is that they are sort of pissed off that they haven't been able to collect my insurance money, and could I please schedule the appointment so they can get their grimy hands on it.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-17-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning, Gang!

Since my "smile more, bitch less" has been pretty successful, I have a new challenge to add. For all of you coordinated, exercise video champs, who can do multiple things at once, I challenge you to "do something kind while smiling", bitch less. Open a door for a stranger. Help someone carry something to their car. Give a quarter to someone frantically digging for change in a check out line. Maybe your random act of kindness will influence someone else to do the same.

Had a really busy weekend, despite some pretty nasty, late spring ice/snow storms. Another 3-5" expected for Tuesday night and Wednesday... sigh. The good news is that I finished my kitchen project.

Eating was a little off Sunday. Mom wanted Chinese buffet so I thought I'd count that as my days calories, but ended up eating again later. Oh well. A new day; a new week.

Food and Fitness Goals:

* 1200-1400 calories per day.
* Multivitamin daily.
* Floss Daily.
* Joseph's Lavash Wraps instead of bread.
* Walk as weather permits.
* 3-4 fruits and veggies per day.
* No cheese, bread or cereal.

Personal Goals:

* Figure out an Easter Brunch menu.
* Prom dress fitted and beaded by Friday... no excuses.
* Clean office closet.
* Do something kind while smiling and bitch less.
* "Just say no" rule. If someone asks me to do something that they should handle on their own, just say no... and mean it.

Last edited by quinnesec; 04-18-2011 at 05:40 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, everyone. Wishing all of us a great start on our new week.

This week's goals same as last and I was very successful at it last week except that I took two days off exercise instead of one.

Calorie limit 1600
Carbs less fiber limit 25g
Protein goal 120g

Artificial sweetener limit one packet per day
Sugar free candy limit one piece per day
More healthful evening snack to satisfy sweet tooth

Water goal 64 oz.

Exercise 1/2 hour six days--work up to 30 minutes of Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies workout video. (Currently can complete the first 24 minutes.)

Last edited by Mern; 04-18-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning All!

here are my goals:
1. more protein less carb
2. drink 2 l water or more
3. Do billy blanks Tae bo series, no excuses
4. log all the food

had a very busy weekend and i did so poorly food wise as well. glad i didn't take the challenge, or maybe i should have taken the weekend challenge to be kept more accountable? will see how it goes this week, so i can decide for the weekend. it's a very long weekend, having Friday and Monday off too, i guess i really have to try and eat clean or i'll be in trouble.

here's to a start of a good week for everyone!
Old 04-18-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

I'm already having difficulty with "smile more - bitch less". Oh for crying out loud, it was snowing when I got up this morning, at first it wasn't sticking, but then it started accumulating and by the time the DD's headed off to school, we had 2-3 inches on the ground. So of course we had to dig out the snow pants and boots again, which I had optimistically packed away last week. Ugh. I'm smiling but it's fake and the only thing keeping me from bitching is the teeth clamped around my tongue. I may have to resort to a bead of super glue across my lips, which might be a great help in keeping the calories in check...
Old 04-18-2011, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm already having difficulty with "smile more - bitch less". Oh for crying out loud, it was snowing when I got up this morning, at first it wasn't sticking, but then it started accumulating and by the time the DD's headed off to school, we had 2-3 inches on the ground. So of course we had to dig out the snow pants and boots again, which I had optimistically packed away last week. Ugh. I'm smiling but it's fake and the only thing keeping me from bitching is the teeth clamped around my tongue. I may have to resort to a bead of super glue across my lips, which might be a great help in keeping the calories in check...
I'm with you on the snow... 4-5 inches on the ground and 3-5 more coming in Tuesday night!

I packed up all of the gloves and stuff, too, which makes clearing cars a bit miserable.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone! Sounds like an interesting beginning to the week already. What is WITH the snow?! I am so sorry

Cassie: The cookout went really great actually, we decided to do it a little bit Asian/Mediterranean-fusion-style with extra veggies on the grill - kabobs and bowls with a little rice that was leftover from the week. It kept my cals well down yesterday, so it was like a little extra bonus!

188.5 on the scale this morning - that's 2.9 lbs. down from last Monday! Woooo! it's more than my deficit would indicate, but I also have my BMR set as "Seated" -- which is not quite true, I'm more active than that. I'd rather have it low, though, it keeps me focused.

I'm keeping my food/exercise goals untouched from last week. It's working, so I'm going to just ride it until it doesn't work anymore!

Weekly Goals

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising.
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week
5) Protein powder after every workout in a smoothie
6) At least 96 oz. water daily
7) Report here each and every day - that includes weekends!

Other Life Stuff:
1) Easter cards out by Wednesday!!!!!
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day
3) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours
4) Don't worry, be happy!

Here's to a great week!

~Terri
Old 04-18-2011, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone...I really enjoy reading all of your post not sure I can keep up with you though... I have to admit I did not keep track in fitday as to what I ate last week but I do still write it all down and try to be very careful.My 1st goal this week is to be better about that, kind of depends on how busy I am at work not that I am the type of person to be on my work computer! BTW absolutley love the t-shirt!!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

I just finished working out with the UPS guy! No not the hotties in the Bob Harper workout video--my UPS stands for Ultra Perky Simmons. I added another Sweatin' to the Oldies song to total a 24 minute workout --working up to 30 minutes of the 46 minute tape this week if I can. I'll do six minutes more after lunch to total 30 minutes for the day. I find the tape comical, but it's a really great workout for me.

Sorry I don't have to address everyone--have errands to run and grandson's T-Ball game tonight.

Jjeand, you surely have a full plate of things to deal with! Along with all your busy times, be sure to take time to give yourself credit for all you do for others, and take some "me time" whenever you can work it in. "Don't kill the diet" and "don't wind up in the looney bin" are quite admirable goals.

Kim, don't worry about keeping up with the posts. It's very hard to do unless you have no life outside of the computer. Keeping track of your food in FitDay is really helpful, but you're doing great writing it down. We respect that everyone is different--you just do what's best for your own life.

Farah, so glad you're joining us again. Glad you mentioned the long weekend coming up--I almost forgot I have childcare duties Thursday and Friday--grandkids have only two school days off for spring break this year.

Almeeker, I remember how frustrating some days were when I was a young mother, but I am often entertained by your stories--digging out snow clothes for the kids, fake smile. LOL Some day you'll look back on these same stories and laugh, too.

Terri, great job on the exta veggies and the great weight loss again! Congrats to ya, girl! Inviting you to update your skinnier weight in your signature!

Last edited by Mern; 04-18-2011 at 05:15 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.