Notices

Close to your Goal Weight = Slow Progress

Old 03-30-2011, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Close to your Goal Weight = Slow Progress

Hi everyone;
I just wanted to hear some stories from people who are close to their goal weight and finding progress very slow going. I need the power of a group to keep me motivated and appreciating the smaller changes that sometimes aren't found on the scale - like seeing my abs again, or new definition. What are your stories?
Old 03-31-2011, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Avery. It is hard when everyone is talking about losing 1-2 lbs a week. I have not been at that pace for a while but really trying to keep at it. I have learned to be comfortable with about .5 per week. And I remind myself that my clothes feel great and I like how I look and I am enjoying my exercise. How about you?
Old 03-31-2011, 10:56 PM
FitDay Member

The last couple of weeks I've been bouncing around 154-156lb, never quite breaking below 11 stone. It's been frustrating at times and that frustration has led me to evil tasty things which only makes matters worse.

"Slowly slowly catchee monkey" as the saying goes. We'll get there.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

x

Last edited by uga09; 02-07-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

I was steady 2lbs a week until the holidays. Then it was plateuville for about 6 weeks or so. Now I am losing about a 1.5 lbs every 2 weeks so I can relate. I am about 4lbs away from 140 which is my 2nd goal. My first goal of 150 took about little over a year from a weight of 231 at 5'3". Didnt reach the goal till mid Feb then got below 150. I wanted to get down to 140 so my BMI can finally be in the healthy range. But 6 weeks later I am only down 6 more lbs. But I guess as long as I am getting closer that is all that matters. Good luck and keep at it.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

I'm in the same boat - the last 10 or so pounds are extremely stubborn. I am trying to be positive, and focus on all that I've achieved, but it's hard to stay motivated. One set-back which used to take a day or so to recover from now takes a week or so!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Glad you guys are all right there with me. I started at 150 with an end goal of 135. I feel like I have been hovering between 137.5 (saw that only once on the scale) and 139 forever. And I too find the frustration drives me to temptation - glass of wine, a cookie. Those little things do not really help matters. I can do it, I can do it!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Get Lean and Mean!

As you get leaner, you gotta get meaner! Six months ago when I first started here, I was dropping off 3-4 lbs per week. Then the more I progressed, the average dropped. Over the last month I have been averaging 0.7 lbs per week. This is all normal stuff and if you keep it in perspective and step back occasionally and look at the big picture then you can find the little victories that will keep you motivated.

Be strong and focused and stay the course! There will be some temporary failures along the way but use them for redoubled effort and extra motivation.

Remember, we are humans, not machines…..and thankfully, we are not DEVO!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>---Albie@round
Old 04-04-2011, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Averyy
Hi..
Slow and steady wins the race...
So don't be afraid by slow treatment. Slow and steady have long term impact on our health to reduce weight..
Averyy, please remove the link in you signature. If you'd like to adverstise on FitDay, please feel free to comtact our advertising dept. and they can assist you with that.
TIA
Old 04-08-2011, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Feeling the exact same

I am really feeling the exact same. I have lost about 8 lbs since October, and that's great.

I am trying to lose 5 more lbs in a month, and that should be totally do-able, but I just get frustrated.

Does anyone have advice about what helps them get up outta bed in the morning and go straight to the gym, tips or tricks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.