View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jennifer425
FitDay Member

Default Going in to the Second Half

I was watching Billy Gardell's Comedy Central special a few weeks ago. The show is called "Halftime," and he was talking about how he'd reached middle age, comparing his life to a football game. He ruefully looked down at his overweight body and said, "I've played a terrible first half."

It was funny the way he delivered the line, but I found it kind of inspiring, which is why I'm on FitDay. I'm going to turn 42 next week. I've been overweight my entire life, and now I'm obese. I weigh 221 pounds, and I'm experiencing health problems because of my weight. These problems are all reversible. It's still not too late. I may feel old, but it's only halftime. I still have time to turn this around. So I'm making the commitment.

My name is Jennifer, and my birthday present to myself next year will be a body that weighs 150 pounds. I know I'll still have more to lose after that, but I figure that's a good starting goal.

I'd like to hear from others on this site, especially if you've got a lot of weight to lose and if you struggle with compulsive eating.

Time to go into the second half!
Jennifer425 is offline   Reply With Quote