Notices

Going in to the Second Half

Old 04-16-2011, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

Default Going in to the Second Half

I was watching Billy Gardell's Comedy Central special a few weeks ago. The show is called "Halftime," and he was talking about how he'd reached middle age, comparing his life to a football game. He ruefully looked down at his overweight body and said, "I've played a terrible first half."

It was funny the way he delivered the line, but I found it kind of inspiring, which is why I'm on FitDay. I'm going to turn 42 next week. I've been overweight my entire life, and now I'm obese. I weigh 221 pounds, and I'm experiencing health problems because of my weight. These problems are all reversible. It's still not too late. I may feel old, but it's only halftime. I still have time to turn this around. So I'm making the commitment.

My name is Jennifer, and my birthday present to myself next year will be a body that weighs 150 pounds. I know I'll still have more to lose after that, but I figure that's a good starting goal.

I'd like to hear from others on this site, especially if you've got a lot of weight to lose and if you struggle with compulsive eating.

Time to go into the second half!
Old 04-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

What a lovely way to think of it - only halftime! It's in the second half that all of the good plays happen, anyway

Jennifer, you sound like you've gone into this in a good mental space. As long as you have a plan for eating and exercising, stick with it, don't give up, and don't be afraid to shake your body up once in awhile, you WILL see results. We had similar starting weights and similar goals - you can see my current stats in my signature - so you see it can be done!

Welcome, and don't be afraid to jump in!
Old 04-17-2011, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

You can do it. You have a good attitude, you have plenty of time (!) and all you need is the patience to continue losing. A little, a lot, then a little, all that weight loss will happen.