Notices

Calories and activities

Old 04-15-2011, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Calories and activities

I'm a new member. I was not shown what my calories for the day should be. I would like my daily walking subtracted from my calorie intake and what cals. are left for that day. Thanks for what helpp you can give me.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tontomama
I'm a new member. I was not shown what my calories for the day should be. I would like my daily walking subtracted from my calorie intake and what cals. are left for that day. Thanks for what helpp you can give me.
Hi,
What your calories for the day should be depends on how much weight you want to lose in a period of time. If you go to the tab "Weight Goal" you can create a weight goal for yourself, for example you want to lose 10 pounds by May 31st. Then based on that, FitDay will tell you what your calorie restriction is, and based on your lifestyle (sedentary, seated, active) the restriction gets subtracted and you are left with the calories you are allowed to have (calorie balance).
Then every day you walk you log that in your activities and that gets added to your calories burned and lets you have more calories since it contributes towards your calorie balance of the day.
I hope this is somewhat clear and helps you.
Best wishes on the journey.