Notices

Fasting need a Buddy New here

Old 04-09-2011, 10:48 PM
FitDay Member

Default Fasting need a Buddy New here

I am fasting for a week a water fast amd I need a buddy to help me pull though it..im trully trying to fast for 30 to 50 days just in time for my bday...im starting my fast today on water and some juice in the middle of the fasting...

Please let me know if we can be buddies..
Old 04-09-2011, 11:18 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Well, I've done 30 day water fasts (zero calories) on a couple of occasions and one to three week ones more often.

I have, though, given it up for weight loss purposes (just a personal decision).

Of course, as a disclaimer I have to warn that you should only do this under a doctor's supervision.

Now, a week is easy--in fact, after the first couple of days on water, it gets really easy for at least two to three weeks as your hunger pretty much goes away. It becomes, as time goes by, more of a mental hunger rather than physical hunger.

I continued my normal daily routine during my fasts--you do need to be a little careful as you can get dizzy, especially when standing up quickly.

The worst part for me was the muscle cramps that start up after a while. You've got to drink tons of water (within reason--no water poisening) to keep hydrated and you'll wear a path to the rest room.

I personally could not stomach any vitamins or supplements so I'm sure I had all sorts of deficiencies going on.

Be careful when breaking the fast--take a few days to work up to solid food.

If you have any questions, post up. I am not an expert, doctor, or anything other than a guy whose done this a few times so take any advice FWIW.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-13-2011, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

My goodness that sounds awful! Are you going to be able to feel good enough to get through your daily life with no food? Hopefully you don't make yourself very sick in time for your birthday!
Old 05-01-2011, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

why the heck would you want to do this?