Notices

How to get my thin waist back???

Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default How to get my thin waist back???

hello everybody! I have noticed, that after I started working out I lost weight, yes - but I also lost my thin waist... It is not hourglass shape any more... It is flat... Yes, strong, yes, not flabby, but - not curvy ... Just straight from the ribs to the hips... I decided to look at all the home excersise programms on sale - most of the models do not have the nice thin waist line, they all a just square to some extend...
I have even found that Britney Spears syndrom article, where people speak about overdoing crunches and damaging the waist line as a result...
now - what should I do??? stop doing core and abs??? Focus on legs and arms and wait untill the oblique muscles disappear???
Or just change the excersises?
I hate the way I look now...
Old 04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
FitDay Member

I have never had a nice thin waist even when I was at my lowest. So I just accept what I have (my body type) as long as I am in shape and in the healthy weight range. I am ok with that.
Mai
Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

I decided to discuss the waist line issue with personal trainer.
Hope he will come with an idea what should I do. For now he told me that the problem is 70% diet. So far we started to do more shoulders&back excersises, and also increased leg excersises, decreasing core. He said it is doable - to have thin waist.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

i'd say do more cardio, that makes my waist get small. also, i know nothing about your diet, but reducing sugar/refined foods helps me a lot!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

Try hula hoop. That works. Good luck!