Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
18.5 LBS OF LOSSES IN 2 MONTHS after 4 mths of gaining, 4mths of plateau >

18.5 LBS OF LOSSES IN 2 MONTHS after 4 mths of gaining, 4mths of plateau

Notices

18.5 LBS OF LOSSES IN 2 MONTHS after 4 mths of gaining, 4mths of plateau

Old 04-12-2011, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Smile 18.5 LBS OF LOSSES IN 2 MONTHS after 4 mths of gaining, 4mths of plateau

So just under a year ago I ended a terrible relationship and used food as my source of comfort, not to mention being on a medication with weight gain as a side effect... 35lbs and 5 dress sizes later I finally came to my senses...

I've always been quite active and eaten well so I increased my exercise and started eating extremely healthy. FOUR MONTHS LATER... I had not dropped even so much as one dress size, or one pound. I can't tell you how frustrating this was (maybe some of you completely understand!)

I know this doesn't work for anyone, but I decided to go low-carb, on a diet of 70% (good) fat, 25% protein and 5% carb I finally started seeing the scale budge! MORESO, I started seeing more muscle tone, and losing dress sizes!

Maybe it was the low-carb that jump started my weight loss, maybe not but I'm now transitioning (adding 5g of carbs/wk) and my weight continues to drop (very slowly now, but it's still dropping!)

I hope to be back to my original size (maybe not my original weight) within the next two months!

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Super-congratulations to you, that must feel great!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

That's great--keep on doin' what you're doin'!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-16-2011, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Awesome!

Awesome. Your story is very encouraging. When I feel like giving up it really helps to read about the success of those who are succeeding through their struggles.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:25 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Similar diet to mine

Hi Mariang

Congratulations on your weight loss so far.

What struck me is you diet is more or less exactly the same as my anabolic diet I started on the 4th of April 11'. My Macro's are the same but I have a 2 day carb up every weekend after the initial 12 day induction.

I am hoping to have fantastic resluts with this diet as I've read up on it alot.

No one else on Fitday as far as I know is following this protocol.

Maybe we should be buddies? I live in the UK

To better health and improved confidence.
Lollie
Old 04-20-2011, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Are you putting your food in a fitday food log? What are your average weekly calorie counts like?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Are you putting your food in a fitday food log? What are your average weekly calorie counts like?
I am putting my food in my fitday log, almost every day.

I eat about 1580cals/day,

I am calculating my NET carbs (so the carbs from fresh vegetables do not count) which affects the fat/protein/carb ratio on my fitday profile. My profile currently puts my average at around 60fat/25protein/8carb/7alcohol. My NET carb ratio is lower than 8% for sure.

I'm a little concerned about the amount of calories I'm eating - 1580 is on a 'good day', sometimes I'm closer to 1900. I've been having sporadic 'cheat days' as well where I eat well over 2500 cals.

I'm 5'4" 136lbs currently
Old 04-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Banned

great job!!