View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
sockmonkeymassive
FitDay Member

Send a message via Skype™ to sockmonkeymassive
Lightbulb Are you vegetarian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbargsley View Post
Good morning everyone...

I have been on a diet and workout plan for 8 weeks now. I have lost about 35 pounds. I have discussed on this forum how I feel I should have been losing more based on my calorie intake and exercise. And I seem to be becoming not regular as far as my output goes.

However, that is not what this is about. Everyday I have Frosted Mini Wheat cereal for breakfast with 2% milk and a banana. While it fills me up for the morning until I have an apple before lunch.

I am wondering if this is a good breakfast or if I should try something else.

I am just trying to figure out the best way to optimize my diet. I am a picky eater, so when I find something I like I can eat it all the time.

Does anyone know a good breakfast plan that is easy?
Hi

I just wonderd if your a veggi as your having more or less an all sugar breakfast?

The milk will probably stop the breakfast from being high glycemic but it's not an ideal start to the day.

The idea is that you control your blood sugar response in order to control your insulin release and your hormones which effectively control weather you store ot lose bodyfat.

So to remedy that you could do away with the 'frosted' mini wheat has little nutritional value. If anything have the plain mini wheat cereal and buy some spenda or stevia to sprinkle over the top. Or you could have a liveprobiotic low fat yogurt with a small handful of berries and a few nuts/seeds to bring down the glycemic load and your insulin response. This will aid your body in allowing the hormones to release fat as fuel which they won't do in a high glcemic environment.

I hope that makes sense and it helps a little bit. Please excuse the spelling if it's awful it's always been a problem as I'm dyslexc.

Peace. Lollie