View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 01:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
mariang
FitDay Member

Smile 18.5 LBS OF LOSSES IN 2 MONTHS after 4 mths of gaining, 4mths of plateau

So just under a year ago I ended a terrible relationship and used food as my source of comfort, not to mention being on a medication with weight gain as a side effect... 35lbs and 5 dress sizes later I finally came to my senses...

I've always been quite active and eaten well so I increased my exercise and started eating extremely healthy. FOUR MONTHS LATER... I had not dropped even so much as one dress size, or one pound. I can't tell you how frustrating this was (maybe some of you completely understand!)

I know this doesn't work for anyone, but I decided to go low-carb, on a diet of 70% (good) fat, 25% protein and 5% carb I finally started seeing the scale budge! MORESO, I started seeing more muscle tone, and losing dress sizes!

Maybe it was the low-carb that jump started my weight loss, maybe not but I'm now transitioning (adding 5g of carbs/wk) and my weight continues to drop (very slowly now, but it's still dropping!)

I hope to be back to my original size (maybe not my original weight) within the next two months!

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
mariang is offline   Reply With Quote