View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
BarbaraMS
FitDay Member

Hi! This is most certainly not the case and it is not the norm! I am a Supplement and Nutrition Consultant, and as such I deal with Protein Powder on a daily basis (all types) and have been in the industry for many years. I use them daily, whether it be in baking, shakes, post workout, desserts, or when customizing a specific plan for a client. Most Whey Isolates will not have added sugar and they are also 90% pure protein, giving you great value per serving. Generally drugstore, grocery store types have sugar because they are cheaper quality. If there is a particular protein you are wanting to try, let me know and I can definitely recommend quite a few excellent products! Be careful of misleading claims like "low carb" on the label- they are ALL usually low carb (if they're whey protein, isolate especially). If you still have the one with sugar, I would use it post workout, as your body utilizes the sugar efficiently and needs it to repair muscle tissue and restore your glycogen stores.
Good luck on your goals!!!
Barbara
BarbaraMS is offline   Reply With Quote