Community
Notices

new to this

Old 04-12-2011, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default new to this

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and really do enjoy all that it offers. I have made one of the biggest choices in my life and that is to lose weight and get healthy. I have type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea. Most is caused by my weight. The diabetes is inherited but the sleep apnea is weight related. I have been a big girl all my life and I know that I will never be thin thin but I want to lose about 100 lbs. My husband and I have made a huge change in our diets and work out everyday. I have a lot of people behind me, supporting me as I start this journey. I am up to 8 miles on my exercise bike and that feels great. I am on a 1500 calorie a day diet, eating a lot of fish and chicken. I know, I am rambling on so I will stop for now.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums!

This is the place to be for weight loss and increased fitness--at least it's worked well for me.

You might want to join our 100+ to Lose thread and/or the 10% bodyweight loss by July 4th over in the Diet Tips forum. There's also a 100+ to lose thread in the Women's forum.

At 1500 cals and that level of exercise you should see 100 lbs melt away fast!

If you have questions or would like advice, there are plenty of folks here willing to help.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-12-2011, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, that is an awesome loss. I do keep a daily food log now and also have a calendar to document the daily exercise. My husband and I are doing this together so that helps and there are a ton of family and friends supporting us. Thank you for the reply and keep up the great work. Support and encouragement helps a lot.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, welcome to the forum! I have been a member here for about 10 weeks and in that time I have lost 13 lb. I feel it really helps to connect with other people with a common goal. Good luck and keep up the hard work!

-Christy
Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard, this is a great site, you're going to love it here. Congratulations to both you and hubby.