View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
patcee
FitDay Member

Default Any delish vegetable salad recipes? For summer!

My hands down fav,easy & good protein is a bean salad. Don't knock it till you've tried it. My version is to drain 3 cans of beans....white,black,kidney etc.Mix in a bowl with fine diced veggies that don't get all mushy....no brocolli or cukes.
Celery,peppers & onion works good.You can use your choice of Italian salad dressing or make your own.I don't want a ton of dressing. Using rice vinegar,olive oil & seasonings works for me.Just start with a couple Tbl of the vinegar,1 Tbl of olive oil...add garic powder,ital seasoning,S&P.Mix gently,cover tightly & refrigerate for several hrs or overnight,then taste & adjust seasonings.

This keeps great,tastes so good & it's easy to add a bit of protein or LF mozzarella cheese.Nice served on shredded cabbage/lettuce mix with home grown tomato slice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsyschro View Post
Hi everyone- summer is coming for those of us in the USA- and I want to find some vegetable medleys to make in big batches and take for lunch at work. (Also good to add chicken/tuna to for dinner at night!)

I've done some searches on the Internet, but just wondering, do you have a favorite? Yummy low-cal sauce/dressing? A special go to? Delicious/filling option for veggies!
patcee is offline   Reply With Quote