View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
tommy723
FitDay Member

Default Hi, and a little advice needed. ;-)

I'm Tommy. 30 years old, 5'5", 188lbs. I've never been able to go under 175 since 10 years ago, which is where I was last summer. I put on some pounds after not exercising for a while due to some injuries that needed to heal. But I started up again 7 weeks ago.

Anyway, I would like to get down at least into the 160 range. Where I am now, my BMI is "obese" even though I don't feel it, and my doc is on my butt about losing the extra pounds. And even at 175, I'm carrying a lot of belly fat that I want to get rid of. Anyway, I'm very active. Monday-Friday I'm working out. I hit weights on Mon, Weds, Fri, and HIIT cardio Tues and Thurs. On Tues & Weds, I also take Tae Kwon Do. Right now, I'm off Saturdays and Sundays, but with the weather warming up, my friends and I will be back to playing Baseball on Sundays for a few hours. So I'm very active. I keep my caloric intake around 2000-2200 calories a day. So I should be steadily losing weight. When I first started exercising again 7 weeks ago, I lost 7 pounds (I was 195, the heaviest I ever been) in the first 4 weeks. But since then, I've lost nothing. I just changed my weight routine so I'm doing different exercises, and I always make sure I'm pushing myself to do better than the last time, even if just by a little bit. According to the calorie calculators, I'm burning around 3900 calories a day. So with a 1700-1900 calorie deficit, shouldn't I see the fat just melting off? I try to keep my calorie balance to 40/30/30 (carb/protein/fat) and I drink a TON of water... And even with only 30% of my calories coming from protein, I'm getting at least 1g per "lean" body weight.

Now, on the other side of things, even though I'm not losing weight, I AM feeling better. I'm feeling stronger, and I swear I'm starting to look more muscular. My cardio is also NOTICEABLY better. So is it possible that I'm maintaining the same weight while losing fat and adding muscle?

Anyway, any tips on how to keep the fat burning off is appreciated. :-) Or maybe I'm doing things right, and just need to stick with it? lol...

Thanks!
::Tommy
tommy723 is offline   Reply With Quote