The Anabolic Diet - not to be confused with Atkins

Notices

The Anabolic Diet - not to be confused with Atkins

Old 04-03-2011, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb The Anabolic Diet - not to be confused with Atkins

The Anabolic Diet - Instead of the Atkins

Anyone doing this I am on day 3

The Anabolic Diet is not to be confused with Atkins it looks the same but it is fundementally different.

I am exited to be doing it as I am a 'Protein Type' as I respond well to a high Fat, high protein, low carb diet. On any other diet I am a slow loser especially on my lower half which carries most of my excess weight.

I would love to hear from others doing this diet - not the Atkins and to keep updating this thread with your progress, any problems, questions or advice you need.

Let's motivate each other to look fab this Summer so we don't have to hide under clothes we don't want to wear but have to in order to cover the bits (most of) our body we don't like.

Come, introduce yourself and join the club. A new life is around the corner.

Lollie x

Last edited by sockmonkeymassive; 04-15-2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: add info
Old 04-03-2011, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

please remove the link in your signature. Thanks. If you'd like to advertise on FitDay, you're welcome to contact FitDay directly.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default whoops!

Done! sorry

Congratulations on your progress. Your pictures are a great inspiration.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

no need to apologize. Thanks for removing and thanks for the compliment. Welcome to FitDay!
Old 04-03-2011, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know what the anabolic diet is. But I recently did a high fat, high protein low carb (for a short period of time) with good success. I went in to detail here and have charts and graphs on page 22 and 23.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Hi 01gt4.6

I had a look at the link what an incredible amount of detail you have logged. With a little munchkin distracting me I have no chance of that but I haven't cheated at all either. I am an all or nothing girl. I have to do something 100% or not at all. A little cheat just opens the door for me and allows me excuses to cheat more and more and the whole theory of the diet goes to pot.

What you followed was similar but different in a few important ways, the main one being for 12 days you eat only green carbs, fats and protein. After the initial phase you get to carb up 'every weekend' with as little fat in the carbing up process as possible, along with low protein intake.

Last edited by sockmonkeymassive; 04-09-2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason: take away link
Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

Default No one else! Looks like I'm on my own

Well, that's it then, I'm on my own no matter. I will post my results if any one is interested?

If you have tried Atkins and struggle on a consistent low carb diet and counting calories, grammes etc this may be a good alternatve.

I have a link to the free ebook of this diet if anyone wants it you don't have to apy or sign up to anything. Youcan use it to 'bulk up) - muscle wise or (fat strip) it's up to you but you must follow it and not MIX DIETS It is a recipe for disaster, don't do it. Saying that I don't find it that strict. There are a few basic rules to follow and as long as you stick to them it should work without sticking points.

Peace and happiness to everyone on the boat. I hope we all reach our goals once and for all

Lollie

Last edited by sockmonkeymassive; 04-05-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: missed info
Old 04-06-2011, 12:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Post up your results, by all means. I'd probably enjoy a high fat, high protein diet--I could live on meat (at least for a while) .

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-07-2011, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Yay! a reply

Yay! One reply is as good as many. Thanks Micheal.

My body's loving now I'm in the groove. My first weigh tomorrow. I fee so different already. I know that sounds strange but I've known for a few years my metabolic type is Protein, my Husbands is a Mixed Type. As there is no counting calories just a basic macronutrient guide it works for me as Fitday makes that part of it easy. Even if you don't want to fill in the rest Ftday is proving to be a fantastic tool in my quest.

I'll let you know.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sockmonkeymassive
Yay! One reply is as good as many. Thanks Micheal.

My body's loving now I'm in the groove. My first weigh tomorrow. I fee so different already. I know that sounds strange but I've known for a few years my metabolic type is Protein, my Husbands is a Mixed Type. As there is no counting calories just a basic macronutrient guide it works for me as Fitday makes that part of it easy. Even if you don't want to fill in the rest Ftday is proving to be a fantastic tool in my quest.

I'll let you know.
Great! And don't let no/slow replies get you down--not everyone "lives" here like I do it seems and sometimes it takes a while for folks to find new posts.

Personally, I'm always interested in new eating strategies. Many I don't agree with, but I've found some beneficial. And as you say, all bodies are different.

I agree that FitDay can be used to augment most any eating plan. I even did WW on my own for a while back along and used FitDay to help get the cals and fiber so I could put them into the WW formula to calculate "points".

Anyweigh, stick with your plan and show us the results!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.