View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
snkms1984
FitDay Member

Unhappy I could really use some help

Alright, so here goes. 26 yr old female, 152 lbs. I have been attempting to lose weight since January 1, 2011. The first week, I lost 4 pounds. Second week, I lost about 1.5 pounds. Since that second week, I have literally only lost about 0.3 pounds. Many, many weeks with no change. Other weeks my weight would go up by 0.2 or 0.4 and then go back down the next week. I have been working out twice a day. In the morning before work, I have been using the Jillian Michael's 30-day shred video and after work, I am either running (45+ minutes on M,W,F,Sat) or using the elliptical for 45 minutes (Tues, Thurs). I had been eating about 1200 calories a day, but then my husband was convinced I wasn't eating enough, so I upped my calories to about 1400 - 1500 a day and it did not do any good. So, here I am, asking for help.

I used this website to calculate my BMR(RMR) and it came out to 2285 a day. Then deducted 800 calories for a deficit, so down to 1485 calories/day, which seems pretty reasonable to me. However, I have been following that plan already with no success. The calories that I burn during exercise (400-800/day), I have not been eating. Should I be? I don't even know how to begin eating 2,000 calories a day because it is soooo much food.

Any advice that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated, as I am incredibly frustrated. Thank you!
snkms1984 is offline   Reply With Quote