Notices

Under 400--yippee!

Old 09-18-2010, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

You're doing GREAT!!! Just keep it up and you'll blast through that next goal. Which Wii games are you using?
Old 09-25-2010, 01:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
You're doing GREAT!!! Just keep it up and you'll blast through that next goal. Which Wii games are you using?
Thanks! Not so great this week--stayed the same. I seem to do that every few weeks--I plan on seeing results next week. I did go over my calories a few times, so that may have something to do with it.

I have started walking during my lunch time during the week--10 minutes of brisk walking including up two stairs and down two others. I plan to work up to doing my circuit twice as my back and ankle allow.

As to the Wii, we have WiiFit Plus. I like the bicycling--some of the games will be easier at a lighter weight. Soon I won't have to "trick" the Wii platform due to it's weight limit.

Sunday update: Must have been retaining water (beer) yesterday. Weighed in this morning at 339.0--so, out of the "40's)! Still right on track for my 299 goal by New Years.

Last edited by mecompco; 09-26-2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Update
Old 10-02-2010, 12:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Did pretty well calorie-wise this week and did my 10 minute walk every day.

Scale says 337.0 this morning, so 2lbs. down.

We are going to a pot luck this evening and there will be excessive drinking of beer. I'll have a high protien breakfast and skip lunch to help keep cals within reason.

My goal now is to hit 299 by 01/01/11 which is another 10% of body weight. To paraphrase the weird pony-tailed exercise infomercial guy on TV (who owns a vacation home not too far from here in Maine) "I CAN DO IT!"
Old 11-06-2010, 02:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well, haven't updated this thread for about a month, so here goes.

Down 15lbs. since my last update--a cool 322lbs. this morning. Had a bit of a plateau (only losing 1-2 lbs a week) so had to make some changes. Have increased my exercise to walking a full mile in 20 minutes at lunch time and getting more serious about the Wii Fit on the weekends (it's great not to have to "fool" it now that I'm under the 330 lbs. weight limit.

I'm also trying to cut down on fat and up the protien, though not always successful. I've also cut the consumption of beer to once a month and I'm sure that's helping.

I'll update this again in December, so have a great month all of you who graciously read this (and I appreciate all who do and lend their support).

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-06-2010, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the update - and congrat's on your progress. You've come a long way, and should be very proud.

Ooops - just noticed this is the thread for just men. Caught me "lurking"!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by nottango
Thanks for the update - and congrat's on your progress. You've come a long way, and should be very proud.

Ooops - just noticed this is the thread for just men. Caught me "lurking"!
Ha ha--thanks for the comments! As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to visit the "Men's" forum anytime (I confess I check out that "other" forum from time to time myself). We are, afterall, all working towards a common goal.

Michael
Old 12-27-2010, 09:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Under 300 :-)

Yup, 12/25/10 299.5 pounds. So, officially under 300 pounds. Granted it took me seven months instead of the four months I was originally shooting for but I think that is fine.

For anyone who might be reading this, let me tell you that 300 is much better than 400. I can't begin to explain how much better I feel and can function.

What's next? Get under 200, of course

I plan to be there by this time next year. We'll see!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-31-2011, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

any before and after pics?
You are a true inspiration to all of us!
Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by didcrywolf
any before and after pics?
You are a true inspiration to all of us!
Ha ha--not too many recent "befores" as I was (understandably, perhaps) rather camera shy. I do have plenty of "durings" (as it will still be quite a while before I consider myself "after").

I plan to post some on my one-year anniversary, which is May 4th.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-02-2011, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

You are doing a incredible job Michael!!! I'm sure you're proud of the hard work your doing and already receiving the benefits of your effort.