Notices

The Healthy Community #2

Old 02-05-2010, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default The Healthy Community #2

Hey guys, I thought I would start a new thread for us because the other one is getting really long!

Anyway, So, I got on the scale this morning and dropped another 1.5 pounds by today. So, My total weight is 206. I don't know how I'm doing this... but I won't complain. I have two weeks to meet my goal of 200 pounds and only need to lose 3 pounds a week to do so. (This week I lost five..)

I hope everyone has a successful Friday!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Jen, that is amazing!! Good for you!!

I weighed in this morning with a very very disappointing result. Only lost .6 lb! That is just crap! I noticed my ring is tighter this morning, so I am thinking the few salted almonds I ate last night caused some fluid retention. I am going to weigh tomorrow morning again and see if I am less.

This week my goal is going to be less grain/cereal carbs. Because other than that, I don't know how much better I can possibly be with the diet!!

So I am starting my day feeling kind of depressed....
Old 02-05-2010, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Kathie, Just remember... Even a .6 pound weight loss is none the less a weight Loss. Just keep going and you will eventually drop again. Plus keep in mind that being at only 164 it is harder for you to lose weight compared to even me because I have at least 56 pounds to lose and you don't have nearly as much. Be encouraged! You didn't maintain AND you didn't gain! So, Woo-Hoo!

I am kinda nervous about next Saturday! Johnny and I are going to his parents to celebrate Chinese New Year and I guess to celebrate you sit around a big table and eat food... and LOTS of it. First of all, I wanna look better then I did at Christmas... and second of all... I don't wanna gain weight from eating a lot of un-healthy food... and if I don't eat like the rest of them then it will be considered rude and offensive!

I've found that I am kinda afraid of anything starch... even bread. Like, I try to not eat it as much as possible... but know I need to keep it in my diet.

P.S. I worked out this morning even tho I didn't want to.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Jen, thanks for the encouragement. I know you are correct in theory...but it is still a big fat bummer!! I won't quit, but in does make me want to give up.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Ladies,

Congrats on the weight loss to both of you. Kathie, you will probably see a different result tomorrow. From your posts, you were very diligent with food and exercise this week and maybe your system just got "shocked" by the foods it was no longer used to. Walking with the weights, you may also be building up muscle. Do you have a body fat scale or do you measure, so you can track changes that don't show up in pounds?

Jennifer, good to hear you with yours. It's interesting...several days ago you were the one who was frustrated and look how it came out! I think the same will happen to Kathie too. Good luck with your celebration...could you volunteer to bring something you know you can eat? Or you can always fall back on the "my stomach feels a little out of sorts today" as no one would expect you to eat till you're sick. I know you will get through it!

Today is a long day. It has been cold and raining for 24 hours and will probably rain for 12 more. I am stuck inside wanting comfort food and I still haven't planned dinner. Lunch was tuna and I made myself do the 30 day shred DVD. I am trying to stay up in my office away from the food.

Some days are harder than others

I think this weekend I will take my husband and son to the grocery store so we can all pick out healthy things. My husband is overweight for the first time in his life and seems to be in denial, and my son is 13 and in that "mushy" stage before the growth spurt, and when do teenage boys make good food choices? We all want to be in better shape so it is time to put our money where our mouths are.

Let's get psyched up for a good weekend! We will do it!
Old 02-05-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all,

Well, no loss for me this week, I stayed the same - which is better than a gain....but still....

Congrats on your losses everyone and for staying so PUMPED to do this! I am getting frustrated with myself, but cannot give up. I need to do this and will be focusing more this week on exercising, getting adequate water and continuing to eat sensibly.

Going to hang off until Wednesday, and sneak on the scale again to check where I am at...

Have a great successful weekend everyone!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Shell, Don't be discouraged! One day at a time.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Shell, I totally feel your pain!!! Losing less than 1 pound isn't much better than losing none! I was seriously expecting 2, I was so good this past week!

What does your food journal look like when you go back over it? I know I am consuming too much grain products...even if they are all whole grain options. I need to cut down on those a little. I think part of why I like the grains products is the simplicity! Grab a muffin and go, or pour a bowl of cereal and milk, and you are done! Today I brought a banana, a hard boiled egg and an orange to work....they were easy and lower in carbs than a muffin or something like that.

I am going to make another big pot of homemade soup tomorrow, and probably another batch of muffins. My soup is full of veggies, this time I am going to add a can of lentils, those are full of protein. I can eat a lot of that soup and stay within the calorie restrictions.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

I have been following this thread (from the last) about a week now and have to say you all are such an inspiration! The support is amazing! I to have struggled with weight all my life, tried every diet imaginable lost weight, regained the weight, continued to gain more weight. This is the year that changes. I am not calling this one a diet, just changing my lifestyle all together with eating right, exercise and quit smoking. Time to just get plain old healthy! Been doing this for 2 weeks now and at yesterdays weigh in have had a total of 8lbs loss. I have have done cario in one form or another for 30-40min daily and strength training 3 times weekly. There are days that are harder than others to stay motivated but I find if I just start I can talk myself into continueing til I reach 30-40 min.

For the past year or so I have "existed" on just one meal a day (never feeling hungry) therefore having but by metabolism on hold. I found it very hard in the beginning to get my calorie intake UP. I am now between 950 and 1200 a day, eating 3-4 meals a day with a morning snack and an afternoon snack and can't believe how Hungry I get!

As far as the no smoking goes I am on day 35.

I can do this.....we can do this... Thank you all for your inspiring stories and keeping me and I'm sure many others motivated!
Old 02-06-2010, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Eight pounds in two weeks is fantastic! Congrats on exercising and sticking with it. Sometimes when I am doing cardio such as running if I am down to the last 5 minutes, I convert it to seconds. To me, 300 seconds seems less then 5 minutes and it keeps me going. Also congrats on the no smoking. To lose weight and give up smoking together is tough but when you feel like a cigarette, do some cardio to get your mind off it - Run, walk whatever - just get moving and soon the urges will stop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.