View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
kcaliff
FitDay Member

Hi all,

I haven't checked in since I first joined this group a few weeks ago. I was at 132 with a goal of 125. I started this effort on January 14 and have only lost between 1-1.5 pounds so far. I guess I have to keep it in perspective - I started to change my eating/exercising lifestyle last March at 152 lbs and as of this January had lost 20 lbs, which equals a little less than 1/2 lb per week.

I feel like I've been doing good - getting at least 30 minutes and sometimes more exercise per day. I've been keeping the calories to between 1200 and 1300 a day. Maybe I need to cut that down - when I lost weight last year, I kept it at around 1100 calories (so hard to do!).

I can relate to the people who feel afraid of what will happen when we reach goal and can up the calories a bit to maintain. I now feel like any mistakes I make go directly to poundage!

Does anyone know what would be a good balance of carbs/protein/fat to shoot for? On my fitday pie chart I average about 50% carbs, 32% fat, and 18% protein - I have no idea what I should be averaging to help my metabolism.

Thanks,
Kara
kcaliff is offline   Reply With Quote