Notices

Please Help

Old 03-31-2011, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Please Help

I am hoping to get some advise on why I am not losing anymore! I have lost 50ls and and very proud! But the past 2 weeks...NOTHING I weigh 169.8 and an 5 feet tall. I am eating 1020 calories a day. I do the eliptical 4-5 times a week for 30-40 min and it says I burn about 370-400 ( i know thats most likely not correct). On the days I do workout I increase my calories to about 1200. This is the 1st time I have worked out since losing the 50lbs. Do I need to increase my calories? I am scared I will gain if I do! I have 39lbs till I reach my goal! I also drink over a gallon of water a day. My sodium is under the limit so I am not sure whats going on. I know my calories are low. Its actually more that what this website tells me for 2lbs a week. Advise would be so helpful. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hmmm--I would think you'd be losing pretty steadily. But, plateaus to happen sometimes. Generally changing "something" will help break one. Change exercise, eat a little differently, that sort of thing.

How's your calorie mix, for instance? I had a little plateau some time ago and cut out some empty carbs and the loses started right back up. I like to keep a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix but every body processed food differently so YMMV. If you're a bit high on carbs, you might try bumping up your protein a bit--just a thought.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-31-2011, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Hi, I can chime in and say that shooting to lose 2 pounds a week is difficult when you are "height challenged;" I am, too. Also, the closer you get to your goal, the harder it is to get the deficit that you need. It does sound, though, that you're in a big ol' plateau. Be patient, change something up (type of exercise, your percentages of fat, protein, carbs...) just to try to "wake up" your metabolism. Are you doing any weight training? That would be an excellent addition if you aren't doing it already.