Brand new member of the 100+ club >

Brand new member of the 100+ club

Community
Notices

Brand new member of the 100+ club

Old 03-30-2011, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default Brand new member of the 100+ club

Hello all, I am a registered nurse. After a series of depression, poor lifestyle and poor influences I blew up from a trim track-and-field athlete when I was 17 to a size 24 couch potato by the time I was 22.

My wakeup call came when I started to see a new doctor and the scale read 239 lbs! I started slowly, and I am now a slightly-less rotund 229. I have just started my true journey, and my goal weight is 125 lbs. I am 5'1", so my suggested caloric intake is not very high. I'm always hungry since I started changing my life, but I consider that to be mostly mental.

One thing I have noticed is that I didn't become fat by being obsessed with food. I became fat by not thinking about what I eat, and in trying to lose I have had to become preoccupied with considering what I eat, and when I can have it.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay, Spooky; congrats on those ten pounds so far! It sounds like you have some good insights and I encourage you to keep posting and sharing and ask any questions you might have. FitDay is a wonderful resource, so poke around, join in some discussions, and keep logging!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard Spookycheese, and congratulations on the 10lbs! I hear you on the scale wake up call. I started on my journey the day I stepped on the scale and realized that I was a couple of hot fudge sundaes away from what I weighed full term pregnant. Anyhoo welcome aboard this is a fabulous site, you're going to love it here. BTW, Cassie and I are both members of the "short girl" club, and as you already know we short girls don't get much to eat. Which is a real shame because I'm very very good at eating. You might try reducing your carb intake and filling in some of those calories with lean proteins and healthy fats to combat that "I'm hungry all the time" feeling.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-30-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums.

10 lbs is a great start--if 100 is your goal, that's already 10%!

Keep up the good work and don't hesitate to ask if you have questions or need any help.

Regards,
Michael

PS My wife is around 5'1" and just weighed in at 304 (and has finally started walking, so we're hoping to get that down) so I know where you're coming from.

Last edited by mecompco; 03-31-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

I'm glad to hear about your wife, Michael. Sometimes being a role model is the best (or only) thing to do. I know you are supportive and hope she does well.