Notices

Stupid question of the day: Custom Foods/Servings

Old 03-30-2011, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Stupid question of the day: Custom Foods/Servings

I didn't see it but considering my brain is half swiss cheese half the time, I could look right over it.

How many oz does FD assume is in 1 serving when you enter custom foods?

When I went to enter 16 ounces of fat free milk it gave me an astronomical high number instead of 2 Eight ounce glasses correct calories. I entered 1 serving of my regular brand as the custom but it sure isn't calculating on 8 ounce serving.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

You're right; it's a little wacky. I'm not sure what the default is, but when I do custom foods, I put the serving size (oz., cups, 1/12 recipe, etc.) in parenthesis next to the name. Then I enter the values that correspond to that amount. If I eat a different size, I just adjust the serving when I log it in (.5, .75, etc.).

Hope that helps!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah it does. Thank you so much.

Good to know it will take fractions. One site I was on would NOT let you choose anything except 1/2s and wholes. Like someone never ate .75 of a piece of something. I personally will go for that .75 if my calories allow it and I like the food.