View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
taubele
Super Moderator

Yeah, I agree. I don't think he's necessarily trying to be "subversive" (though I find the point about 'always dieting' to be a little insensitive) -- I think he just loves chocolate, and assumes that others love it as well. Spreading the chocolate love!

The deal I have with my BF is that he can buy any treats he wants, as long as I don't like them too. I'm lucky in that I don't have a big sweet tooth, so there can be cookies and candies around the house; I just don't want them. But if he were to buy, say -- chips, or cheezy crackers, or Doritos, we'd have problems!

I like almeeker's suggestion of "splitting" the boxes, buying you something that he likes himself, etc. Or, instead of saying to him "You just don't understand! I Need This!" try saying something like "I appreciate that you want to do nice things for me, and I love that you're thinking of me, but what I'd really like is..." and then list whatever you'd want, be it flowers or some nice jewelry...or a blender! Guys can be a little thick-skulled when it comes to presents. Most of the time it's about the gesture, and not the chocolates. I hope you guys come to a nice conclusion and a compromise or solution that works for you.
Weight 8/11/14 = 180.4 (net: -34.8)
Current mini-goal: 180 lbs.
Next large goal: 165 lbs. by 12/25/2014
Lowest weight: 156.7 lbs.
150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130-140 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."
taubele is offline   Reply With Quote