Notices

How to cook fresh perch?

Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default How to cook fresh perch?

A friend gave me perch fillets from fish he caught. I like fish but don't have much experience cooking it from fresh (well, technically, frozen now). What is the best technique for cooking perch? Seasonings? Thanks!
Old 03-22-2011, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

You might find some help on a thread about Tilapia. It had a lot of good fish cooking hints. Enjoy. Mary
Old 03-24-2011, 04:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Perch is fragile so you don't want to do much with it. Just put some flour on it then dip it in egg and roll in breadcrumbs and fry in fry pan on medium with canola or peanut oil...it will be delish, lucky you!!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am so happy you enjoyed this! This is how my dear Mom cooked all the fish we caught at the cottage growing up, simple and delicious. I actually squirt lemon or lime juice over the fillets, forgot to tell you that - sorry. Perch, like Pickerel, is thin and tender and I have never baked it but you could, for a few minutes on each side, and skip the "fried" part. When I try it I will come in and let you know how it worked out.